Let me break it down for you!
First stop, CVS:
-They were out of stock on one item I wanted, but I ended up getting two different items.
-Transaction #1: Two Skinny Cow candies. They were $.99 each, and you got $.99 in Extra Care Bucks (ECB) back (you can use these on your next transaction). Well, I had a Buy one, Get one free coupon, so I got 2 of these candies for $.99, and then got $.99 ECB to use on my next transaction. (Plus! An added bonus. For some reason, an extra $2.00 in ECB printed on my receipt!)
Out of pocket: $1.05 ECB: $2.99
-Transaction #2: One Gillette Fusion Pro-Glide razor. It was $9.99, and I had a $4.00 off coupon plus the $2.99 in ECBs. So, with taxes, I paid $3.56 for this razor. Then, I got $5 back in ECBs!
Out of pocket: $3.56 ECB: $5.00
So, if you figure in the free $5 off I have on my next CVS purchase, my total for these three items was -$.39!
Second stop, Ingles:
-Here is what I got, with the price after coupons and savings:
- Box of Frosted Mini Wheats: $1.80 (normally $3.98)
- Bottle of Pantene Pro-V Shampoo- free! (normally $4.48)
- 12 Sprout Organic baby foods: $.56 each (normally $1.04 each)
With taxes, I spent $9.14 and saved $12.42 total.
So, combining both shopping trips, I only "spent" $8.75 (with tax) for things that would normally total to be $24.39 (without tax). That's a savings of 64%!
So, now, Taylor will be organically fed, I'll get my fiber in the morning, Stephen's face will be nice and smooth, my hair will be squeaky clean (and smell good, too!), and I'll have some sweet snacks to get me through my first day with the kids tomorrow. Success!

No comments:
Post a Comment