For me and Stephen, it's been more nagging things- runny nose, sore throat, cough, etc.
About 2 weeks ago, Taylor spiked a fever in the middle of the night of 103.6. She was really cranky, too. I called the nurse line and told her some other little symptoms, and they recommended going to urgent care the next (Sunday) morning. We did, and the doctor said her tonsils were almost swollen together (hence all the choking episodes she's been having lately), called it tonsilitis, and gave her some antibiotics.
Sydney spiked a fever two days later. I took her to the doctor the next day, and they said her tonsils were swollen, too, and she had two full-blown ear infections. They also did an RSV test on her, which was sent away to come back in two days.
Two days later... RSV test = positive.
So, doctor is saying she's pretty sure Taylor would have RSV, too, since it is so contagious. That week, we split having the girls at home between my mom, myself, and mostly Stephen.
Meanwhile, Taylor wrapped up her 10 day antibiotic and was seeming so much better, when, wham! She spiked another fever. She also sounded really congested when she breathed (even though she was getting breathing treatments). I took her to the doctor again (this time the pediatrician), and the doctor said she sounded horrible when she listened to her chest. She even said she couldn't tell if she had pneumonia (which she suspected) because her wheezing was so loud. She gave her another antibiotic, a steroid, and she did an RSV test.
One day later... RSV = positive.
So. This has been our last couple of weeks. Meanwhile, I'm feeling like crud lately, too. Hopefully we can recuperate this weekend. And maybe February will be a new beginning of wellness. PLEASE!
I don't feel very good... :(
Dressing up as a princess makes me feel a little better!
No comments:
Post a Comment