We had our first conference with Sydney's teacher last week. I was very interested to hear her version of the Sydney we know and love. There's always two sides to every story, and I wanted to be sure to get an accurate picture from her teacher. For example, according to Sydney, she never has to "pull sticks" for behavior. It's always someone else. (Though the night before our conference, she fessed up that "maybe" she's pulled more sticks than she's stated). Sydney is so enamored with her BFF Raegan that I wondered how she got along with the others, and vice versa. It was definitely a conference I didn't want to miss!
Stephen and I went there after work to talk to her teacher. Thankfully, we got nothing but good reports! Sydney has pulled more sticks than she has admitted to, but her teacher said it was usually just her being talkative. Her teacher said that, besides her being one of the smallest kids, you'd never know Sydney was young for her class. She and one other girl are the top readers in their class. (The other girl has more than a year on Sydney!) Sydney's status in class went from "I am learning to read" to "I do read", and only the one other child has that.
Her teacher said that Sydney is her "go to" person to run errands. She said she knows Sydney will be able to effectively communicate to the person what the errand is for, and get back to her with the right message. She said she loves Sydney so much, and even mentioned having Sydney repeat KG there next year (since she'll have to repeat anyways). She said she'd be willing to change up the curriculum for her and everything. I appreciated the offer, but we're definitely planning on moving her to the public school next year. {insert money symbols here!}
I'm very proud of my Sydney!
.bmp)
No comments:
Post a Comment