Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas!!- Part 2

After doing Christmas at our house, we drove up to my sister's new house, which is about an hour away.  We hung out there for most of the day, while my parents, my aunt, and my brother and his family all got there a little later.  It was SO (!!) warm outside that we walked to a nearby park and played.  I didn't pack very well for our mini-trip, so we were all sweating like crazy.







That night, we ate our Christmas dinner and opened more presents under the tree.  We tried to control it better this year, but with 7 grandkids, 12 and under, it's not that easy!



The range of emotions for my mom, when she opened our present:

Shock!

Tears!

Happiness! (You see where I get it from, now, don't you?)

The next morning, Stephen and I took advantage of having some babysitters and went out for a run.  When we got back, we all walked to the park again.  This time, tennis rackets came with us.  I had already showered and dressed- in what is NOT tennis attire- but ended up playing anyways.  I'm talking, jeans, cardigan, fake Toms. no socks.  And 70+ degrees.  But it was SO much fun to play tennis- I haven't played much since my old college days!




The latest popular tennis attire.


After lunch, we headed over to my parents' house to see them and my aunt some more.  Parker's first request was to go to the barn (DeeDad's workshop) so they went off to do manly things.  My brother and his fam came along to the house, so we got to hang out with them more before heading back home.

Drilling some holes in DeeDad's barn!


Giving his little cousin, Ava, a kiss!

It was a truly wonderful Christmas.  It's my favorite time of the year.

No comments: