The Mile Fun Run was first. Taylor and I waited with the group for the man to say "GO!". And when he did, my faithful running partner took OFF! I mean, full speed ahead, Taylor went! I was trying to catch up to no avail. Finally, towards the end, she slowed up a bit and we finished the race together. You know how fast we were going? We finished a mile in 7:30. I'm such a slow runner that this is like an Olympic record to me.
Next was Sydney and Stephen! They ran down the road the school that our 'hood is off of, going down and turning around to come back. This course is both good and bad. The good part? The first half is almost all downhill. The bad part? The second half is... you guessed it... almost all uphill. It has killed me each time I've run it. I was thinking their time would be like 35-40 minutes. Those two ended up running it in about 31 minutes! They never once stopped to walk. Sydney amazes me with her little athletic ability and drive. Wish I could have some of that. ;)
It was a fun morning!
Taylor was so far ahead!
Taylor and the BEST TEACHER ever.
Pre-race
Go Sydney and Stephen!!
Trophy time!
She is THAT good. haha. Picking up trophies for friends who left!
No comments:
Post a Comment