Saturday, April 1, 2017

Basket Raffle

This year, I'm in charge of all the Room Moms at the girls' school.  I basically have it easy until February rolls around and... duh duh duuuuuh... it's time for the big Basket Raffle!

The Basket Raffle is one of the PTO's biggest fundraisers of the year.  Each class has a different basket theme, and then they fill the "basket" with themed items, and people can purchase raffle tickets in hopes to win them.  It's relatively cost-free for the PTO, as each basket is filled by donations- either by the class' parents or by companies.  It always amazes me how great these baskets turn out.

I spent many long hours at the school, collecting the baskets when they were due; putting them together; wrapping them in cellophane; making bows; taking pictures; and transporting them to the library.  There were 36 baskets in total, so this all took a lot of time.  FINALLY- we were done.  Then came the hours of volunteer time to actually sell the tickets.  All in all, I made up for any lost volunteer hours during those few weeks!

Here are some of the baskets:





There were around 10,000 raffle tickets purchased, and only 36 baskets, so... you do the math.  Not great odds. I purchased 25 raffle tickets and spread the wealth into several baskets.

Guess what?  WE WON ONE!  I couldn't believe it!  We won the "Date Night" basket.


We got a few restaurant gift cards, movie gift card, froyo gift card, Redbox gift card, Atlanta Botanical Gardens tickets, "Parents' Night Out" gift cards (where The Little Gym and a karate place will watch/entertain your kids while you go out), a picnic basket, canvas painting for two, a picnic blanket, and- Parker's favorite- the teddy bear!

Woot woot!  So exciting.  Now Stephen and I need to start planning some dates!

No comments: