Monday, September 11, 2017

Labor Day Weekend

We headed up to the mountains for Labor Day weekend!  As crazy and busy (and, besides our awesome trips, pretty crappy) as our summer was, this was our first visit up to the mountains!  Normally we go at minimum Memorial Day and 4th of July, but we had Disney and lice, in that order, for those weekends.  I was determined to get up there Labor Day weekend.

The kiddos and I left after school on Friday to head up to South Carolina!  Stephen stayed home- he had big commitments of doing the lawn and watching college football. ;). Waze took us some crazy backroads to avoid traffic, and we made it up there around 7:30 PM!

Ahhhh, the mountains!  I actually teared up while driving down the familiar mountain road that takes us to the family cabin.  Our rule is that we roll the windows down once we get on this steep road, and we blare the music and sing at the top of our lungs.  It had been a full year since I had driven on those  familiar roads!  And while a year had gone by, the roads were just the same.

We had a blast this weekend.  It was so good to see my people, who (besides my own family) aren't related to me by blood, but are closer to me that some of my blood relatives.  In a year's time, a lot happens- this year, there were marriages and babies to celebrate and meet!

We swam in the lake (though it was chillllllly!), raced plastic ducks down the river, took a mountain walk with my sister, ate at the local diner, took several golf cart rides, had the picnic and square dance, celebrated birthdays, and did the big waterslide!

Here are pics from our weekend:



The view from our walk.





Catching the ducks!

Working on legos.


Picnic!

Square dance fun



We hung out Saturday night with a bunch of the old crew.  This is Parker and Marshall bonding.

The slide!




Parker and "Sweetie Pie" aka Kat.  I swear, I don't know where this boy learned how to flirt.

It was a great way to end our summer!!!

Other Labor Day fun...  we met our friends at UGA Sunday evening for the women's soccer game:



Cal is normally a GT fan, so I had to document him wearing this shirt. ;)


Monday morning we had a birthday breakfast for Stephen and our friend Jason... (Monday was Stephen's actual birthday!):





Stephen and Sydney went to the GT/Tennessee football game Monday night:



...Parker, Taylor and I played at home and later they went to play at a neighborhood friend's house! (I had the house to myself for a bit... say what?!)



No comments: