Our dining room was driving me CRAZY because the colors just didn't go. Our walls are a very light gray with white trim; the table legs, chairs, and serving piece were all a dark ivory/light tan. The cushions are gray. It just didn't flow.
I bought a piece of wall art that I LOVE that pulled in white, gray, and ivory- I was hoping that would help. It didn't. I figured I either needed to go with the ivory and paint the walls (and possibly the white wall panels) colors that would go together; or I could go with the white/gray (like the walls/trim) and paint all the furniture.
I opted for the second choice, and I am so happy with how it turned out!!!
I painted all the chairs and the bench white. I painted the base of the table and the serving piece gray. I replaced an old ivory wreath I made with a mirror. I bought some sheer gray curtains that I hung.
This is how it was before:
And before I show you the after, here's the difference in the ivory/tan and bright white:
Not sure if the pics do it justice but I am SO happy with it!! Interior design is definitely not one of my strong suits, but I'm happy this room finally came together.

No comments:
Post a Comment