Monday:
We drove up that morning and went downtown. We hit up Cardboard Hill, grabbed lunch at a local deli, did a city scavenger hunt (through an app- it was really fun!), got some ice cream, checked into the hotel, went swimming, did Door Dash for dinner (Chili's to the hotel!), watched some tv, and called it a day!
Scavenger Hunt
We had to take pictures as "sculptures"
More scavenger hunt fun
Tuesday:
As beautiful of a day Monday was, Tuesday was the opposite! Cold and rainy. We hit up downtown again, but this time we did mostly indoor stuff: children's museum, IMAX theater, arcade and the mall. We got Subway to go from the mall and headed back to the hotel to swim!
Writing letters to school children in Kenya!
Looking out to the river
Wednesday:
Today, we packed the car up, checked out of the hotel, and headed to Ruby Falls! In all the times I've been to Chattanooga, I'm not sure if I have ever done Ruby Falls (unless I was just too young to remember). I can't lie, my fear of being confined/claustrophobia has gotten worse as I've gotten older, and I wasn't sure how I'd like knowing we were so many stories underground!! Thankfully, it wasn't too bad, minus the elevator ride down where I just tried not to think about it. It was cool- the falls were beautiful! The kids got a little antsy after awhile- the tour guides are great and funny, but they drag the .5 mile walk to the falls out for over 30 minutes by stopping and talking. A lot! ;) But the falls were worth it, I thought. We then headed home- it was a really nice little getaway!
No comments:
Post a Comment