The game room! This room is a little underwhelming now with not much in it, but I'll show you what it's like anyway. This room actually had the most costly "surprise" along the way, but I'm glad we ended up doing what we did.
We wanted an area that was an open space to the living room that could be a flex room- to kind of change as the kids get older with what they want/need. We planned on starting it off as a game room.
We knew that some of the original supports would be coming down to give it the open look, but the engineer that came to inspect everything said we needed more support underground- i.e. break open the concrete, dig footers, poor more concrete into the ground, fill back in with dirt, then fix the concrete on the basement floor. It was about a $2000 difference. We decided to go for it, otherwise this room would be closed off with walls and a door- not what we were hoping for.
Anyways, here's some of the progress of the game room. I'm hoping soon we'll add some more fun games!
















No comments:
Post a Comment