Tuesday, July 15, 2025

New England Road Trip

 For two days and two nights while Parker was at Cooperstown, I decided to take a quick road trip!  It's crazy how close those states up in the Northeast are, so I came up with a plan to hit up 6 additional states (on top of NY).  It was a lot of driving, but all was definitely do-able, and I was able to see a lot!

I headed out from Cooperstown Tuesday morning, and drove through Albany and then took a highway that went through Vermont and New Hampshire.  





I stopped for lunch in Brattleboro, VT, which is a super cute little town with restaurants and shops.  


I then drove to Kittery, Maine, which is a town just over the New Hampshire/Maine border.  It was heaven!  The ocean, the breeze, great weather, nice people, seafood, shops... it was a beautiful town.  It took me a total of 5 hours to get from Cooperstown to Kittery.  




This lobster roll was AMAZING


I stayed in Portsmouth, NH which is like 5 minutes from Kittery for the night.

Wednesday morning, I drove to Newport, Rhode Island, which was about 2.5 hours from Portsmouth.   It was a rainy and foggy morning, so the traffic was pretty bad.  I drove through Boston- I didn't really have a desire to get out and see the city, but I did drive around a little bit and saw Harvard.  



I headed to Newport, Rhode Island, which was an adorable town!  I got some clam chowder at a local dive, and walked around the downtown area for a bit.

My view at lunch



I then headed to the Cliff Walk, which is a 3-4 mile path along the ocean that gives you great views of the Newport mansions.








I drove to Hartford, CT that night and stayed in a hotel.  The next morning, I left the hotel at 5:30 AM to do the ~3 hour drive back to Cooperstown to see Parker play at 9 AM!  Here are some pics from my ride back.




All the states I went to!























No comments: