Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Writing on the Wall...er... Chair

It's a good thing Stephen and I just purchased a new kitchen table + chairs yesterday... Sydney got a hold of a ballpoint pen and colored on one of the chairs today. I tried to scrub it out, and it didn't really help... oh well, I'm sure this will just be the first of many times Sydney will be coloring on furniture!


Here's a pic of the furniture... except the chairs are a little higher, not quite bar height, and the table expands to become an oval.

We also got Sydney a new bedroom suit. Not to be delivered until September, which will give us a couple of months for her to get used to sleeping in a "big girl" bed before the baby arrives. We opted not to get a toddler bed and just go for the regular furniture, which will last longer. We got her a "full" bed... it's going to be so weird seeing little Sydney sleep in such a big bed!!


Here's a pic of her new furniture!

Sydney has been the funniest sleeper in her crib... mainly when she was about 10/11 months old. I can only imagine what positions she'll end up in on the big bed.








I also picked out a nursery design that Stephen and I really like! I found it on HGTV.com.


With Sydney's nursery, we went with more bright colors... neon green, hot pink, light pink, and yellow. I wanted something different for Taylor's room... something softer. My mom, the artist that she is, is going to paint the flower pattern on the wall. She's also going to make the bed skirt for me (we got some fabric that looks similar to the fabric in the pic). No chandelier, though I like the look of it... but Stephen worked so hard installing a fan in that room, that it definitely won't be going anywhere!

Sydney's bold, determined, self-confident personality sure does match her bright room. I wonder if Taylor's personality will match hers? We will see!

We are transforming our downstairs formal living room into an office, which will free up a bedroom upstairs for the nursery. Once the office is completed (which will hopefully happen in the next few weeks) and we do a head-to-toe cleaning of our house (that sawdust gets EVERYWHERE!), we will be ready to start on the nursery. I know we have plenty of time... I just would like to get some work done before school starts!

2 comments:

Our Blessed Life said...

I am so glad you started a blog. I'll have fun reading about what you are up too. Congrats on another girl!!! I LOVE the nursery design.

Jamie Haynes said...

I also enjoy the blog. So happy for you...sounds like everything is going well! Love how you are getting everything all ready...what a great Mommy!