I made it back to work last week... thankfully, we had Monday off, so it was a short week that I had to make it through. And, I am awfully proud of myself... I've been doing great! Besides the fact that it is CRAZILY busy with a million things to do, tons of IEP meetings this month (both for me to lead and to take minutes), the writing test, PTA meetings, work dinners, collecting data on the kids, benchmarks... oh, and somewhere in the middle I'm supposed to be teaching the kids, too.
Anyways, sarcasm aside, I have had a good first few days back. The kids have been so excited. At my morning school on Tuesday, they showered me with gifts, cards, juice boxes, and a cake!
This group of kids is SO sweet... I'm going to miss them next year. I received word last week that I will be full-time at one school (not the one with the aforementioned party). As much as I will miss these kids a ton, I'll be glad that I will be at one school full-time! This going back-and-forth thing was getting to be difficult.
Anyways, enough about me... let's talk about Taylor! She has been doing great at daycare! The teachers love her, and they say that everyone who comes in marvels over her hair. The girl really does have a ton of thick hair. They say she really never cries unless she's hungry. She's the youngest in the class right now- I think the oldest is about 8 months old, so there's a range of about 5 months. It's crazy to look at an 8-month old and think that will be Taylor in 5 months!
So, Taylor is good... mommy is good... I have called in to check on her a few days, and they say she is good. I've had to work late some days and go back to school later at night a couple of nights, so my sweet hubby has been taking over while I've been gone. He's been taking them to daycare in the AM so I can get to work on time. He's bathed them and fed them the past two nights while I've been gone. I don't know what I'd do without him!
On a side note, one of my students passed away last night. She was a 10 year-old fourth grader. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers! It was a really rough day at my school for the kids and teachers. She was such a sweet, precious little girl. It really makes you think long and hard about priorities and what is important.
1 comment:
You're doing great! Proud of you both!
Post a Comment