Sunday, February 10, 2013

Busy, busy, busy!

We have been busy beavers here in the K-Bash household lately.  Lots of stuff going on, lots to keep up with, and these precious kiddos of mine are growing up so quickly!  Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans, right?

Anyways, just wanted to give an update on us. 

Sydney:  Sydney has become Miss Socialite lately.  She's had a bunch of birthday parties in the last few weeks, which are nice outings on a weekend.  She started up gymnastics last week, which she really enjoyed.  She's thriving in her class, and was the first to get the "Best Reader" award for the first week of reading groups in her class.  She has this drive to want to learn, which is very exciting.  She's learning her states, thanks to a placemat with a map of the US that she stares at while we eat.  She's developing good friendships... some too good... this little boy always hugs on Sydney when she gets to school in the AM, or puts his arms around her.  He's kind of the "bad boy" in the class, so I'm hoping this is just a phase.  Goodness, I can't imagine what it'll be like to have teenage girls!


 
 
 

Taylor:  Taylor is hilarious.  Period.  I don't know how else to describe her.  She is part mess, part sweet, part sneaky, part adventurous, and the rest just plain funny.  She is talking so much now.  She and Sydney have the best time together, and it's really funny to hear their conversations with each other.  They also fight like cats and dogs.  The fights usually last for about 2 minutes, with screams and cries, and then they'll be running around holding hands again.  Taylor is in the midst of potty-training and is actually doing pretty well!  We're not very close to being 100% by any means, but she's come a pretty long way in a short period of time.  Sydney has given her her "Georgie" monkey doll (looks just like her "Monkey" but has little beans in his bottom, unlike her Monkey).  Now both my girls are obsessed with monkeys.

 

She would climb up on her own...

...and then slide all the way down.  This entertained her for a good 30 minutes.

Parker:  He is still pure sweetness.  He is getting so big, holding his head up so well.  He is enjoying things like his Bumbo chair and his little play station thingy.  I'm starting to wonder if he has a milk allergy... he has had these excema-looking rashes on his face, and he's started spitting up more.  Sydney had a milk-protein allergy, so I'm wondering if that could be genetic.  We're going to try some things out to see if it can get better.  The good news is that he's not very fussy, so it doesn't seem like it's really bothering him.  He just scratches at his face, which leaves little scrapes all over his head.  I try to keep those nails cut/filed daily, but I apparently am missing a little corner each time I do it.  Parker has started eating solids, and has tried rice cereal, sweet potatoes, and carrots.

19.5 weeks
 

 

Me/Stephen: We've been keeping very busy.  Work's been crazy and Stephen has been traveling a decent amount.  Stephen is still training for the half-marathon and is up to 7 miles now.  I'm very proud of him!  We are hosting a church Sunday School group every Sunday evening at our house.  Our minister is leading it, and there are about 18 adults that attend.  We have a babysitter keep the kids in a separate part of our house.  It's been a really great experience so far.  We've been doing a lot of socializing lately, including a Superbowl party, guys/girls' nights out, and me working out with the neighbors nightly.  Besides that, I'm looking forward to a whole week off next week, taking a mini-vacay, and getting things done around the house.  5 more days... I can do this!

Have a good week, everybody!

No comments: