Thursday, February 21, 2013

Week off

I've been enjoying a week off of school this week.  It really makes me miss maternity leave.  I would go crazy if I was off for too long, but I must admit that I enjoy being able to catch up with everything life has thrown at me.  Or, to do things that I have been itching to do but haven't had a second to do it.

We got back Monday evening, and Tuesday was spent unpacking and trying to stay ahead of the cleaning ladies who came.  Isn't it funny that you almost have to clean up for the cleaning ladies?  I just couldn't fathom leaving the piles of laundry (yes, piles, and we were only gone for 3 days) for them to have to move around just to vacuum. It was good motivation for me to get things actually put up!

My mom came down and spent Tuesday night with us (I won't elaborate on Tuesday evening/night... let's just say I had 3 miserable little campers) and Wednesday we started painting!  I have painted most rooms in my house a color, but the basic "builder beige" that is in our kitchen, den, foyer, and upstairs hallway drive me nuts.  Mom and I ended up painting the entire den and some of the kitchen.  The color is basically what you'd think of when you hear the word "tan".  I love it- it makes the crown moulding actually show up, but it's not too dark.  It makes the house feel a little more cozy!

Thursday, I went to the dentist, shopped a little, and then finished painting the kitchen.  I had a guy come over to give me a quote to paint the foyer, and to do the hallway was only a little more.  Yeah, that's worth it to me!  Sadly, my painting "mojo" is gone, probably for a while.

Tomorrow, I'm going to run some errands, possibly get some bushes to plant in the garden, and call it a week!  Looking forward to a weekend of a birthday party and a date night.  Then... back to work!

Bad lighting, but here is the before and the after!

 
After

Before
 
After

No comments: