Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Fun

This Easter season was a ton of fun.  The girls had several egg hunts that they got to go to, and we had a good time celebrating with family.

If you recall, we had egg hunt #1 a couple of weeks ago.

Egg hunt #2 took place at the girls' school on Friday.  I missed out on Sydney's picnic and egg hunt (it was at 11 AM and I had to be at this little place called work), but Taylor's was at 3 PM so I got to get there for most of it.  They had a little party and then got to hunt for eggs.  Big sis Sydney got to eat with them and help Taylor with the eggs.  It was a really nice day, weather-wise, so Parker and I got to hang out on the playground while the kiddos got their loot.






Saturday, Stephen and I took turns volunteering for setting up the egg hunt at our church (more info. below).  I had the 10-12 shift and he had the 2-4 one.  In the middle, we dyed easter eggs. 




Egg hunt #3 took place at our church.  Well, at the soccer fields next to our church, but our church hosted it.  It's their big event every year, and thousands of people from around town come to it.  It's a HUGE egg hunt (25,000 eggs), inflatables, face painting, games, food, and more.  The egg hunts are separated by age, so when it came time for the hunts, I went with Taylor and Stephen went with Sydney. 

I forgot their Easter baskets (duh), so we winged it... Taylor had an emptied-out diaper bag.





Eggs galore.






Sydney used my purse.

We were all listerally so exhausted that night.  The girls fell asleep watching the Lion King on the laptop, and Stephen and I weren't that far behind them.




Sunday, we woke up to see that the Easter Bunny had come to visit.  The girls were so excited!  (Parker, too...of course!)  After breakfast, we went to church and had a wonderful service. 







We then headed up to my sister's house for lunch!  There, we had egg hunt #4.  (I seriously was starting to feel like our household was being taken over by colorful, plastic eggs).  Lots of fun times.




No comments: