Friday, May 31, 2013

Summer- Week 1

I thought I'd recap each week of this summer, just for fun!

Our summer bucket list.

So, I just posted about last weekend and going to the mountains.  That's where our week started. 

Another side note.  I mentioned in Parker's 8 month blog that he had his first modeling job.  This is quite hilarious how it started, but my friend recommended for me to send Parker's picture into a lady she saw on Facebook looking for baby models.  I did it half-heartedly.  However, within 3 days of sending it, Parker had his first job booked!  It was in Buckhead for a toy company called Taggies.  That was last Friday.  Since then, he had jobs Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday!  Let's just say they pay a ridiculous amount, that it was hard to pass up.

OK, now that you know that information, our week was a little crazy.

I took both girls to daycare on Tuesday (I'm taking all the kids 2 days each week this summer).  I ran at the park with Parker in the morning, and then I took him into Atlanta to do his photo shoot.  This was a "lifestyle" shoot with a model mom and a model dad, and Parker was the baby.  It was shot at this mansion house in Atlanta.  Quite humorous.  Parker seemed enamored by the tall, blonde, Swedish looking model mom who so kindly fed him puffs.

On Wednesday, I took Parker and Taylor to daycare, and Sydney stayed with me.  She and I ran at the park and then walked and fed the ducks.  Then, we went on a few errands.  I picked Parker up around 1:45 and we went to his photo shoot that was from 3-6.  They were running so behind today that he didn't even get photographed!  We didn't get home until late.  My friend Erica came and joined us at the photo shoot, since she lives just around the corner.  She entertained Sydney while we sat there and waited... and waited...


On Thursday, I wasn't going to have Parker do a shoot that day, just to give Parker (and me!) a break, but I had left his Bumbo chair there on Wednesday.  We're leaving town soon and will need that, so we went on in.  This shoot was back in the Buckhead office, and Taylor came with me this time.  (Sydney's class went bowling today).  Afterwards, Taylor, Parker, and I had a picnic at the park and played on the playground.  When we got Sydney, we went and got frozen yogurt.  Then, we played in the sprinkler and on the slip n' slide at the neighbor's house, and ate dinner there. 




They didn't want to leave the froyo place.




Today, no photo shoot!  Parker went to daycare, and I kept both girls home.  We did "school" in the morning, and then we had a playdate with Sydney's BFF Raegan.  We played outside and the girls did movie and sleepover night. 




On Saturday, I spent a lot of the day packing, so we hung around the house.  We played outside and then Sydney's friend, Savannah, came over to play and stay for dinner.
Damsel in distress.

Painting toenails.

Silly girls.
It was a busy but great first week of summer!

No comments: