Sunday, we went to church and Stephen was going to finish up pressure washing the driveway. He said, "I'm thinking it may only take 2 hours." Famous last words! 9 hours later, he finally wrapped it up. Apparently, the bottom of our driveway was really hard to get clean, and- poor Stephen- it took FOREVER. He was out there until after 9 PM. The kiddos and I had the day together and just hung out!
A ride around the 'hood.
Look how nice the sidewalk looks!
Besties.
Tuesday, Raegan came over in the morning and I made a treasure hunt for Sydney, Taylor, and Raegan. They enjoyed it! We also colored, played, built forts, did sidewalk chalk, etc. Later, my mom and dad came over for a bit, and then took Sydney with them for her first official sleepover! She was so excited. Talking to her tonight, she got a pedicure, had a personal pan pizza for dinner, watched a movie, and got to sleep with Grandmom! Meanwhile, back in Loganville, I spent the afternoon with Taylor and Parker. It was funny to see Taylor as the "big" girl. We went to Moe's for dinner with Stephen, and then settled in for the night!
Attacking Mrs. Monica
My running buddies.
Wednesday, I took Taylor and Parker to daycare and ran a few errands. Then, I met my mom and Sydney at the Mall of GA, where we went to Build-a-Bear. We went to Costco and then out to lunch, and then we went and picked the other two up from daycare. We went to church that night for bible study (Stephen had to go to dinner with clients so it was just me and the gang!). When we got home, I noticed that Taylor felt warm and she had a slight fever, a weird redness on her cheeks (it looked like someone had slapped her) and a rash all over the front of her. I ended up sleeping with her, just to make sure she was okay. It was weird how it came about so suddenly!
Playing before daycare.
Sydney and Charlotte.
Enjoying lunch with two little monkeys.
Thursday, I took Sydney and Parker to daycare and kept Taylor with me. T woke up with a slight fever again, but her rash was much better. She said her tummy and throat hurt her, so I decided to take her in to the doctor's. Turns out she has strep. :( We did a lot of hanging out together- it was quite nice. I did have my (rescheduled) cardiologist appointment today- my mom met me there to watch Taylor- which was a HUGE help (thanks, Mom!!). The doctor did confirm the heart defect that my internist found, but he said that 3% of the population has this, and the majority of that 3% are completely healthy. He ordered a stress test and echo cardiogram the next day. After the appointment, we got Sydney and Taylor from daycare and headed home. I made a new crock pot recipe for dinner tonight- Stephen went to Charlotte for the day, so it was just us again.
Poor sweet girl!
Friday, I kept Taylor home again today and took the other two to daycare. Taylor came with me to the DMV to renew my license. Arrgh, that is such an annoying place to have to be. We were there for over 2 hours. Luckily, Taylor was really good. Stephen watched Taylor for me while I went to do my stress test/ECG. I haven't gotten the results back from the ECG yet, but the doctor did look at my stress test and said it looked really healthy. So, I'm hoping I'm in that majority of the 3% that is fine. We all had a laid back Friday night, and I went to bed relatively early- which was nice! (no pictures from today, unless you count the 50 videos and pictures Taylor took from her point of view at the DMV). ;)
Saturday, we had one of those nice hang around the house, get stuff done kind of day. We were supposed to be heading up to Gatlinburg today for our little vacay, going to an indoor waterpark. But, since I have to go to work Monday, we had to cancel. It may have worked out for the best, considering Taylor had strep throat and we had a lot of things to do around the house. We organized the garage, did some yard work, we each ran our own errands, I did some school (teacher) shopping, the kids played in the sprinkler, and we made tye-dye shirts. We had friends come over tonight, and we had dinner and hung out! It was a great day, much needed.
Look what we found in our garden!
Sunday, the last day of summer... duh duh duuuuhhhh. I was determined to get little things done. Like, more ironing. Getting a pedicure. Make DVDs of the videos we have of the kiddos. Input all my receipts in Quicken. My wallet was so thick, you'd think I was rich- only to see nothing but white pieces of paper! Replying to emails. Packing up my car with all my school stuff. Laundry. Get paperwork together for my new job. Etc. Etc. Etc. Luckily, I got most of this stuff done! Woohoo! We had a really low key day, a low key night, and I'm hoping to get a good night's sleep to start the year off on a good foot.
See ya, summer 2013... it's been really fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment