Thursday, October 10, 2013

12 Month Stats (Sydney's stats, too!)

I took Parker and Sydney to the doctor for their well check-ups yesterday.  I thought, since I'm off of work this week, I'd have the time to do theirs back-to-back.  It took about 2 hours to get both of theirs done.  It wouldn't have been so bad- Sydney is pretty hands-off when it comes to entertaining- except she was FREAKED OUT about getting shots.  So, she was acting clingy, sad, and terrified.  Then, Parker got really sleepy after the first hour, so it was a bit of a mess.  So, my note to self for next year- do them separately!!

OK, enough about that.  Their stats are in!  Drum roll...

Parker's 12 month stats:

Weight: 25 lbs, 14 oz. (82nd%)
Height: 32" (>97th%)
Head Circumference: 48 1/2" (92nd%)

I read an article that said babies, at one year, should have grown 10 inches and tripled their birth weight.  Parker has grown 11 inches and not quite tripled his birth weight (9 lbs, 10 oz).  That would be if he was 28 lbs, 14 oz. 

Everything looked great- he has met developmental milestones, except I expressed concerns about his communication.  Sydney and Taylor were both saying more at this age than Parker is.  The doctor told me that he's a boy and he's the 3rd child (that the other 2 talk over him) but she said to monitor for the next 3 months and we can talk more about it at his 15 month check-up. 

Onto Sydney... she is 43 1/4 inches tall and weighs 41.8 pounds!  She made it through her two shots (though I had to restrain her) and is looking very healthy. 

:)

No comments: