I am so off. I don't know what day it is. The last month and a half has been crazy with winter weather, school cancellations, more winter weather, more cancellations. I just assume the days we return to school are Mondays, and the last days before break are Fridays. This isn't always the case.
Let's recap... We had off from December 21-January 6. We returned to school on Monday the 6th. It was a teacher work day. School was cancelled January the 7th due to extreme temps. So, we had a 3 day week with the kiddos after so much time off.
We actually had a full week the next week, and then the next week was a 4-day week due to MLK day. The next week, we only had school Monday and Tuesday, and it was cancelled Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday, we had a teacher work day.
The first week of February, we had a full week with the kids, but I had an all-day training on Thursday, so it was like a 4-day week for me.
The next week, we had school Monday and Tuesday, none Wednesday and Thursday, and a teacher work day Friday.
This week, we had school Monday and Tuesday, and then mid-winter break Wed-Fri. Next week, we'll have a half-day on Friday.
Whew. I seriously don't know what day it is. I think it's Wednesday, though all day I kept thinking it was Thursday.
On a downer note, our school system tacked on 4 days at the end of the school year to make up lost time. The CRCT dates have been delayed a few days, too. Did I mention I'm ready for spring?? And some normalcy?
It's sad when I've been off so much that there's really nothing I need to get done at home! (besides the endless laundry, of course). Plus, I've gotten really lazy and spoiled about "sleeping in".
Since the beginning of January, I've been in the classroom with my kids a total of 21.5 days. Yikes.
1 comment:
Brooke, you guys did tack on 4 days at the end? Nathan Deal said we only had to make up 1 day for the state, I thought?
Post a Comment