Sunday, April 6, 2014

Craziness

Spring Break is finally here!!  Hallelujah.  It has been a hectic, crazy few weeks.  It was some of those gotta-get through-the-day-and-then-again-tomorrow kind of days.  I don't really like living life like that, but sometimes you have to.  Between sick kids (stomach bug, croup, bronchiolitis, pink eye), Stephen traveling so much, CRCT preparation, busy weekends, high pollen counts, and a whopping car accident on top of everything...  yes, folks, a break is needed.

We started our break off with a fun, busy Saturday!  Our babysitter came over early to watch the kids while Stephen and I went for a run.  We went to Stephen's work for their Easter Egg Hunt.  The kids got to see the Easter Bunny, get some eggs, eat lunch, do some crafts.  We had a great time until two little ones started to get sleepy... and cranky.

So, home we went.  Taylor and Parker (and Stephen!) went to bed and Sydney and I went to the Grand Opening of our friend's photography studio.  It was fun- she even took some pictures of me and Sydney together.

Then, we played outside and had our neighbors over for dinner.  We ordered sushi, played, and hung out.  Then, I talked on the phone with a good friend for about an hour.  I. was. tired.  But, it was a GREAT day, and I hope to have 7 more just like it.  Today involves church, an outreach event, a BBQ, and then packing.

Here are some pics from yesterday, and also some random pictures from the last couple of weeks.

Taylor talked a big game ahead of time, but wouldn't even get near the big fluffy bunny.  Parker was not into it, either... if you can't tell.

1 out of 3 ain't bad, is it?



Parker's first Easter Egg hunt!





Decorating cookies.

Now, for more random pics:






Guess who cut their hair?  there was way more than this, too.  Luckily, she picked the underneath sections of hair to cut, so it's not so obvious.  Arrgh.  I swear, it's a good thing she's really sweet!

Sydney got her latest report card last week!  I'm very proud of her!

this is how I found Taylor, asleep in my bed.  Dress shoes and a maraca, of course.

Home with a sick Taylor.  Luckily she felt better, so we had a day at home together to play!



No comments: