Yesterday was our church's big egg hunt (I'm talking 25,000 eggs). However, the weather was gross. Cold and rainy. Bleh. Thankfully, a huge crowd still came (a couple thousand people). Sadly for us, I had to take Parker to the doctor yesterday and he was diagnosed with croup. So, he, Taylor, and I had to miss out on the fun of the big egg hunt. Sydney had a good time, though- she and Stephen helped set up and then stayed the whole time. She got to play on inflatables, get her face painted, and more!
We woke up early this morning and the kiddos got their Easter baskets. Oh, to be a kid again and be SO excited about that! It was sweet. We then headed to Gainesville to attend my sister's church. My niece, who also turned 9 today, was baptized!! It was a very special day. We went to their house afterwards, had (another) Easter egg hunt, stuffed ourselves, hung out, then made the journey home. It was a great, relaxing day.
I have to say that I am pleased that I can now pack up the hundreds of eggs the kids have accumulated... and also take a bag of candy to school for my students. :) Goodbye, sugar!
Parker loved his ring pop.
Waiting for his meds.
Dyeing eggs Saturday night. We're such procrastinators.
Are you sensing a theme?
Parker's basket (a.k.a. what all was in his goody basket from school on Friday!)
Oh, the excitement!
Kerrigan's baptism.
He is Risen. He is Risen, indeed! Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment