Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer, week 7!

Monday:  Stephen and I took Sydney to White Water today!  Stephen took Sydney last summer, and she LOVED it.  Well, I loved White Water when I was a kid, so I was excited to join them this year.  Our babysitter came over around 9:15, and we were shortly on our way.  We had a great time- the weather was a little wonky, with pop-up showers and, later in the day, a 30 minute shutdown of the rides because of nearby lightning.  The good thing is we got a Flash pass, so we were able to ride a ton of rides.  A Flash Pass is where you pay extra to be able to skip the lines.  You scan your bracelet, they give you a time, and you go to the ride at that time, walking past all the people standing in line, going right up to the front.  So, if we scanned our bracelet and they said our time was in 10 minutes, we could go and play somewhere/ride another quick slide for 10 minutes and then go to the ride.  Stephen said we probably rode three times the number of rides they rode last year, with no Flash Pass.  It was a little pricey, but seemed to be worth it in the end.  Anyways, great, fun day, but it was great to get back to my other kiddos- we didn't get home until 7:45, but the babysitter kept them up so we could say goodnight!  I missed my two little ones. :)





Sleepyhead.

Tuesday: Our babysitter came over today- I'm glad she came back this morning, considering she was with our two kids ALL day yesterday. :)  I ran at the park, went to Publix, and then came home to do some things around the house.  That was really nice- doing some little things around the house while the kids are being watched/entertained/not pulling down everything I'm trying to work with.  After nap time, we went and got haircuts for Sydney and Parker.  (Taylor refused- she is terrified.  Don't ask me why.)  We hung out the rest of the afternoon, I cooked dinner, and we straightened hair/painted nails this evening.  A great day!




Wednesday:  The babysitter came over again in the morning, and afterwards, I took the kids to swim lessons.  Sydney is doing awesome!  She's not as frantic with her strokes as she was at first.  She's more smooth now.  Yay!  Afterwards, we came home, did the lunch/nap routine, and then Raegan came over to play.  We finger painted on some canvases, played in the sprinkler (then promptly jumped in the bathtub), and then headed to church for dinner/bible study.  







Thursday: This morning, we did the morning routine, and Taylor, Parker and I played outside and went for a walk.  (Stephen was working from home and Sydney wanted to stay inside).  We went to swim lessons, then the babysitter came, and I ran to Kohl's.  I had $30 in Kohl's cash, a $10 off $30 coupon, and 30% off.  Cha-ching!  I got $166 worth of stuff for only $33, PLUS they gave me $10 in Kohl's cash back.  Oooooh yeah.  I caught up on some phone calls, ate lunch at Panera Bread, and enjoyed a few hours to myself.  We are leaving town for 5 days, so this afternoon, I packed us up.  The kids had a lot of fun playing around the house. It's so nice now that they can entertain each other!  We made dinner, did a big house clean-up, and went to bed!



Can you tell he likes my shoes??

Friday: Today, the babysitter came over in the morning, and I went and got my hair cut.  My hairdresser told me I had so much dead hair from having three pregnancies, and she cut it, with my approval, about 5-6 inches.  Eek!  It's definitely shorter than I particularly like, but I'm never really one to freak out about haircuts.  It'll grow. When I got home, we headed 5 hours down to south GA to see Stephen's family!  We got to his dad's house, and his cousins came over to see us.  We hung out and called it a night.

Parker and his cousin, Addie Grace.

Saturday: We woke up early and headed to a park to play.  Afterwards, we headed over to Stephen's aunt's house, who served up a delicious lunch.  While Parker napped, we headed out to the pool in their backyard.  The girls loved it.  And, I have to say that Sydney has become completely fearless!  She was jumping in the deep end and swimming to the side on her own; she was doing front flips in the pool; swimming underwater; diving for rings; and actually diving in the deep end!  It's amazing how far she has come in such a short period of time.  We stayed there for dinner and then headed back to his dad's house.  Some friends came over, and we all crashed- long day outside in the (103 degree) heat.


I can't even do a pull-up.



Little show off!





Sunday: We left this morning from Waycross to head to the beach!  

No comments: