Monday & Tuesday: The beach!
Wednesday: Our babysitter came over this morning, and I went to my school for a couple of hours to scope out the room, work on my bulletin boards, etc. 3/5 of my teammates were there, so it was fun to catch up. I got a good bit done, and since I don't have that much bulletin board space to fill, I can do the rest next week during pre-planning. I ran some errands and came home during naptime for the kids. Once they got up, we hung out and played at home until it was time to go to church dinner/bible study. Stephen flew out this morning for work, so it was just me and the kids. Nothing too exciting- we had fun, the kids behaved, and they went to bed. I then worked on some things for my classroom until midnight. I have got to start going to bed earlier! Next week is going to be rough.
It MONSOONED on us when we left church to go to the car. Don't know if you can tell how wet Taylor is. It was unreal. Our car was only about 25 feet from the door.
After we got dried off and in PJs, Parker accessorized himself. Can you tell he has older sisters??
Thursday: Babysitter came, and I went to the park, to Kohl's, Bath and Body Works, Walmart, and Publix. All within 3 hours. I have to admit that I'm in my annual stress mode- I get this weird anxiety right before summer is ending and I go back to work. My brain races- did I get everything accomplished that I needed to?? I keep acting like, once I go back to work, I will have NO time to get anything done. Ever. I know that's not the truth, though my time definitely will be limited. Anyways, running these errands helped me accomplish some things. After naps, I took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese for a bit. They had fun- Parker ran straight for all the cars. Their fave was probably the little merry-go-round, which could fit all 3 of them perfectly. Then, we met my parents to eat dinner by the Mall of GA. It was a good day!
Friday: The babysitter came a little later this morning, and I went to the park, got a speedy mani/pedi, and went to my doctor's appointment. I came home for about an hour, and then went to my annual mammogram appointment (nothing to worry about- I hope- just preventative). When I got home, the babysitter came back, and Stephen and I went to dinner and then to see a cute little play in downtown Conyers. They were filming a movie right outside the theater- it was wild. It was supposed to be from the 1920s (or so), so they'd covered the streets with dirt, had old-timey cars, people were dressed in ther '20s gear. Queen Latifah was the star of the movie, but we unfortunately didn't get a glimpse of her. The movie is called Bessie and is supposed to be on HBO eventually. Anyways, the play was fun- a great date night for us.
Saturday: This morning, I went back to school and worked more on my room. I got most of my bulletin boards done, and I got my desks arranged. We did some yard work, which lasted most of the afternoon. The kiddos got to run around and play. It was a beautiful day... just HOT! We went to a BBQ that evening for a church friend who just retired from the Army. It was in an awesome loft building in downtown Monroe. Good times!
My room, so far.
At the BBQ.
Sunday: Ahh, my last day of summer. I have to admit I got a little emotional in front of the girls tonight before bed. But, backing up... we went to church this morning, Sydney and I ran some errands, and we literally hung out in the house all day. Today was the hottest day of the year so far, so despite the beautiful sunshine, I didn't feel so bad about not playing outside. I got so much stuff done around the house- laundry, ironing, putting up toys, etc. I made a new casserole for dinner, straightened my hair, and played with the kiddos. A great last day of summer with the coolest kids (and hubby) I know. It's been a wonderful summer... I know I'll be more excited about work once I get in the swing of it. I'll just miss seeing those sweet faces all day long!
Parker completely crashed on Miss Nicole at church today! And the other little girl wouldn't let her put her down. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment