Saturday, March 28, 2015

First crush

Sydney has a crush. 

We found out about it last week when she kept asking if she could go to the 2nd church service. (Sometimes Sydney stays with Stephen if he has to do the welcome team for 2nd service, but typically we're just there for 1st). We asked her why, and after a few mumbles, we got out of her that Mercer went to 2nd service, and she wanted to see him. Mercer, we asked? Yes, a kid who goes to her school- in fact, his mom is a KG teacher there. They chase each other at recess and make each other laugh across the tables at lunch. 

I got to witness this crush firsthand at church this Friday. Both Sydney and Mercer were there, and she was acting like... Well, a girl with a big ol' crush. 

That night, we were flipping through her little journal notebook that she writes and draws in. She hurried past these couple of pages. I couldn't resist, and went back when she was asleep to see what it was. Awwww, is all I have to say. So sweet.  (Though I don't think Stephen echoes my sentiments)




No comments: