Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer, week 4

Monday: Today, I was just cranky.  I think we were all tired from getting back from our trip, and the kids were extra whiny, and I wasn't in the mood to handle it well.  Sigh.  We all slept in until about 8:30 (woohoo!) and our babysitter came over at 8:45.  I went to the park and ran an errand, then came back to get the kiddos ready for swim lessons.  All three of them were in the same class, which made it nice- all three were done in 45 minutes!  Parker's attention span was that of a potato, and there were unfortunately lots of distractions around.  But, overall it went well!  The swim instructor is able to teach each kid based on his/her level.  Anyways, we got home, ate lunch, and I insisted on a mandatory "rest hour".  No one went to sleep, but I did get one hour of time to myself.  When the kiddos came out, they played outside while I vacuumed and cleaned out the car.  It was hot!  After popsicles (and sidewalk chalk all over a certain 6-year-old's face) we jumped in the shower and had our PJs on by 4 PM.  I made dinner and we ate at 4:45 :)  We played the rest of the night, the kiddos went down, I watched the Bachelorette and some Friends reruns, and went to bed!






Tuesday: This morning, Sydney woke up extra early, got her brother and sister up with her, and fixed breakfast for them!  I'm talking, waffles in the toaster, grits in the microwave, cereal with milk.  It was very sweet, even though I did have a bit of a mess to clean up.  We went to swim lessons again, came home, ate lunch, and attempted another rest hour.  Our normal babysitter had a college class today, so we asked a sweet girl from church to babysit.  The kids were so. excited. !!!  When she came over at 1:30, the kids busted out of their rooms to see her.  I knew they were happy and content with her, so I ran at the park (while the nearby temperature sign kept flashing 99 degrees), washed the car, got gas, and went to Walmart to get a few things.  Mostly, it was a brain break for me.  I wouldn't change my new "job" for anything, but I've found that my patience has been much thinner this week.  A couple hours away seemed to do the trick.  Oh, and Stephen's gone this week from 5 AM Monday to 7 PM Wednesday.  That's part of my crankiness, I think... 3 whole days with just me and the kids, trying to entertain, console, feed, clean, feed some more.  ;)  When I got home, we went across the street to play in the little pool our neighbors just got.  It's a big plastic pool that gets hooked up to the water and has chlorine and a filter.  Totally Walmart fancy!  It was only 2.5 feet deep, so it was perfect for the kids to play in.  We headed back, took showers, ate dinner, watched TV, and called it a night!

Sydney worked on a book this morning.  It was adorable.

Oh, and Taylor made lunch while I was folding laundry!  I could get used to this!


Wednesday: Today, the crankiness disappeared!  Yay!  We all slept in until 8:15 (I think this was a big reason for the better mood) and we ate breakfast and played.  Swim lessons were cancelled because the instructor was sick, so we went to the library instead for story hour.  I've realized this week that Parker has a really hard time sitting for more than a minute.  Let's hope this passes!  The girls checked out some books, then we headed home.  After lunch and an attempted rest hour, our babysitter from church came over.  I went to Home Depot and got some veggies to plant, which I did when I got home.  The kids played outside in the sprinkler.  It was HOT!!!!!!!  We got in the shower, got dressed, Stephen came home from being out of town, and we headed to church for dinner and grow group.  It was a great night, a late night, but fun.



This is what the sign said the temp was when I went running.  Let's just say I didn't get far.  

Thursday: I have to say that it is nice to be able to sleep in a bit!  The kiddos were up close to 8 (and they're my alarm clock, so I get up when they do!).  I made them breakfast, and they watched a couple shows on the tv while I attempted a workout.  Swim lessons were cancelled again- the poor instructor broke out in some horrible rash all over her body, and her doc advised her not to get in the chlorine.   So, instead, we went to the park by the kids' former daycare, and we got to go inside and visit each of their old classes.  Then, we walked to the playground to play.  We were there total for about an hour, and it was hot.  It's not even officially summer yet, and it is blistering!  When we got home, we ate lunch and Parker actually took a nap!  The rest of the day, we played, did crafts, I cooked dinner, cleaned up, etc.  The kids were alternating between laughing and crying.  We couldn't have many of these days cooped up inside in a row, but it was nice to have one today.  I got a couple of crafts done, things organized in the house, and more.  If you know me, you know I love to feel like I accomplished something. :)

Up until about a week ago, this boy was scared to go down slides.

Work it!

The ducks starting chasing us!



We pulled out the puffy paint!



Friday: TGIF!  Just kidding.  Every day is like the weekend now.  It's so strange!  Anyways, today, the kiddos did have swim lessons, and we made a Goodwill run.  We hung around the house the rest of the day, and I made a grocery store run while the kiddos stayed home with Stephen.  I made dinner for us, along with a friend who recently had surgery, and Stephen and I did the exciting task of backing up our computer so we could reformat the slow thing.  Good times!

No, not Sydney at swimming lessons.  Fun with a new app. :)

Saturday: Stephen and I took turns running this morning.  I can't get over how miserable the heat is already!  Stephen took the girls out to run some errands, and Parker and I hung out.  I did some laundry, changed sheets, cooked some food, etc.  That afternoon, we headed up to my sister's house to hang out and have a Father's Day dinner for the guys.  My parents came over, my nieces were there... everyone had a great time.  We stayed until about 8:45, got back at about 9:45, and the kiddos crashed!


Three awesome dads!

While we were leaving, a neighbor's dog hopped in our open car door.  If you know us, you know that a) all three kids of ours are terrified of animals and b) the thought of a dog in my car disgusts me.  Oh yeah, my brother-in-law got quite the chuckle when he saw this.


Sunday: Happy Father's Day!!  We all slept in a little bit today, Stephen got to open his gifts, and then we headed to church!  We spent the afternoon cleaning, cooking, helping the neighbor with his yard.  Our two sets of neighbors came over for a Father's Day grill out.  The kids got to run and play and eat.  And run some more, and eat.  All together, the kids are 6, 4, 3, 2, 2, and then two babies.  2 girls and 5 boys.  Sydney and Taylor had fun being the "older" kids and being in charge.  :)  We played until about 9:30!  A great day!


Taylor's interview.

Sydney's interview. 








Sydney wanted to race everybody!


No comments: