Monday: Today was a rough day. Taylor has had a cough for about 5 days, and on Saturday, she started saying her ears felt weird. My first thought was swimmer's ear. Yesterday, she said it again. I asked her if they hurt, and she said one did. So, I played it safe and got an early appointment at the doc this morning. Turns out... double ear infection and pneumonia! (Isn't it almost July!?) The doctor said that her chest was so tight and the air was barely getting through, and she couldn't believe Taylor looked so happy and non-sick. Of course, I feel like a terrible mom. But, apparently pneumonia isn't as bad as it seems... the doc said she'd be fine to go to swimming lessons later that morning, and to White Water for our planned trip on Wednesday, if she was feeling okay. This mom, however, has different ideas. White Water may still be on the table, but she sat out of swim lessons, and later, karate. She's on breathing treatments, a steroid, and an antibiotic. I took all 3 kids to the doc, then straight to swimming lessons (last one! hallelujah!) and then home, and I turned around and went to Publix to get the prescriptions filled. We stayed at the house all afternoon until it was karate time, and I took all 3 kids there so Sydney could go. It is SO. HARD. sometimes with all 3 out and about. But, on the other hand, it can be SO. HARD. with them at home all day long. I think I'm just tired. :P I made some yummy fajitas for dinner, and we called it a day!
On the last day, they got to do the slide! Parker would only go with the swim instructor.
Taylor loves to snap pictures of people. It's like the paparazzi. She holds the button down so it goes "click click click click click!" and I end up with about 100 pictures. This is the first and the last of the session, and in the middle were some crazy faces I did... which I'm totally not broadcasting to the public. ;)
Tuesday: We woke up this morning and headed for Athens. We went at a good time because on our way home, it started storming! When we got back home, the kids worked on a little activity I made... I froze a bunch of little plastic things in a block of ice and they had to chip away to "save" the items. Parker lasted about 5 minutes, but Taylor and Sydney were more determined (especially Sydney). We watched the USA/Germany soccer game that night. Sydney asks SO many questions about it... it is very cute. She wants to know everything! I tried to snap pictures of her and Stephen, who were sitting in the chair together, when something crazy happened. They had the same expressions! Hilarious!
Excuse the shirtless Stephen. Here's one expression I caught.
Wednesday: Today was supposed to be our family White Water day (sister/BIL/nieces included, minus Parker who was going to stay with the babysitter), but Taylor had a rough time last night. Her temp was a little higher than normal, her cough was worse, and she was pretty tired. We may have done too much yesterday. :( So, we decided to reschedule our White Water day! Stephen decided to still take Sydney, since he'd already taken the day off. I still had our babysitter come over, and I got some good stuff done. I registered Parker for a 2-day/week preschool for next year, I ran/walked 3 miles at the park (I'm running a 5K this weekend and I am SO out of shape!), and went to the grocery store. Taylor, Parker, and I hung out the rest of the day- I'm trying to keep Taylor in to get her better!
Baby yoga
Thursday: Stephen flew out extra early this morning, only to fly back extra late tonight. So... what to do to entertain the kids? Chuck E. Cheese! We went there right when it opened, and were the only people there. The best thing is that there were strings of tickets out of almost every machine (I guess that happens when they start them up) and the kids racked up! We played until we ran out of tokens, got some prized loot, then headed home. While the kids took rest hour, I proceeded to cook and bake for this weekend. I made a doctor's appointment for Taylor to check up on her pneumonia at 2:45. Thankfully, the doctor said she sounds much better! Yay! I cooked dinner, we hung out, the kids did kid yoga (heehee, it was great), the girls had a sleepover, and we called it a day!
Friday through Sunday: we were at the mountain house!


















No comments:
Post a Comment