I love her face here :)
Friendship bracelets!
Tuesday: I only got about 6 hours of sleep last night, so I was a bit grumpy this morning. When I actually stopped being a zombie, around 9:30, I went for a run while Stephen watched the kids. I ran into a neighbor friend and we talked for about 45 minutes. Stephen was probably thinking- dang, how far is she running? When I got back, I showered and we went to church for a lunch meeting for a committee we're on. Afterwards, I took the kids with me to sign the girls up for fall soccer- they're so excited! They want to make it to the World Cup team. :) We went to a friend's house tonight for dinner and the kids got to swim. We got home late and got the kiddos down, and chilled the rest of the night!
Kids being babysat at church by sweet Annabelle.
Wednesday: Raegan came over to play today, and I took advantage of Stephen being home to go for a long walk with Parker. When we got home, we went to the library for story hour. We got home, ate lunch, watched some Curious George, and put Parker down for a nap. The girls and I made flubber, which they loved!!! It was super-easy to make, and the kids played with it for a good hour. The girls built a fort and made froot-loop necklaces before we headed to karate. Afterwards, we went to church for our weekly potluck dinner and small group lesson. The girls were invited to an impromptu sleepover (both of them!) at Raegan's house, so off they went! This was Taylor's first sleepover!
Making the flubber.
It's ooey... and gooey... and lots of fun!
Girl fort!
These didn't last long.
Taylor got a second stripe on her white belt! What that means, I have no clue, but they made a big deal out of it.
First sleepover!
Success!
Thursday: It was weird, waking up with only Parker here! We got up and went to the park to run. Raegan's mom met us there with the girls, and we walked a bit and played on the playground. The park is right by their old daycare, so the kids wanted to go in to see their friends. It's amazing to see the friends and teachers that my kids love so much! Parker got to see his "girlfriend" (his former teacher, Mrs. Sheila) whom he talks about every single day. every. single. day. The girls were pretty tired/cranky, so we called today a rest day. And that we did. We hung out around the house, and I got a lot of things done today! woot! Stephen did the lawn, which takes him about 10 hours, so I made dinner, bathed the kids, and called it a night.
Friday: Our upstairs AC unit hasn't been working right in weeks. We've had the compressor replaced, which didn't fix it, and we've had 2 companies come and look and say that everything "looks normal". Yesterday was the worst- the AC was running and running, but the temp upstairs got up to a blistery 87 degrees. It was miserable sleeping, so I woke up pretty tired and cranky this morning. Raegan came over this morning, and after getting the kids settled, I took a nice, leisurely walk. By my lonesome. (Don't worry, Stephen was home!) The kids played all day long, I did the grocery shopping, and, again, got lots of things done! We wised up tonight and all slept downstairs. We brought Taylor's queen mattress and all 3 kids slept there, while Stephen and I slept on the blow-up mattress. So. much. better. The AC guy is supposed to come tomorrow, but I'm not holding out hopes that it'll be fixed. We may have a permanent sleeping arrangement downstairs!
Playing with the flubber we made.
Movie night!
Saturday: I didn't sleep well last night. Yes, it was cooler, but I just kept waking up all night long! So, get this... I slept in until 10 AM! Yes, that should be all caps! I am yelling! Woohoo! Stephen woke up at 6 to run with a friend, had a gourmet breakfast cooked for the kids, cleaned up, and more by the time I rolled out of bed. And the rest of the day was nice. Sydney and Taylor went to go see Minions with Raegan and her parents, and then they got to go to McDonald's for lunch. It was just me and the guys! I went on a long walk/run, I went to the neighbor's house to chat, I did some work in the flower garden, trimming hedges and pulling weeds. Our friends, Monica and Tim, hung out for a bit that afternoon, and the AC guy came around 4:45. That was great, except that our babysitter came over at 5, so we could have a date night. Our leave time was pushed back a bit, since Stephen had to be there for the AC guy. We left around 5:40, and headed to Bonefish for dinner, and then Dave and Busters for some fun. It was a great night! (except for the fact that we'll probably have to replace the whole AC unit. Grr!)
Sunday: We went to church, and I met my friend Ashley at Whole Foods near Emory to hang out. They have an awesome salad bar/cafe there, so we got a little snack and sat at the tables there to chat. Meanwhile, Stephen was sending me pictures and videos of the kids... they were having a fun time, playing outside and being silly. When I got home, Stephen had made dinner, and we got the kids ready for bed. This was a nice, relaxing weekend!
My cute boy at church.
Don't mess with him and his pink jeep!




























No comments:
Post a Comment