Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February Break

My girls were out of school all week this past week for mid-winter break.  Here are some of our adventures:

Monday: I was sick today.  Bleh.  Yucky cold/sinus/raw throat kind of funk.  We stayed in and did a few crafts today.  The kids played together pretty well inside, which always helps when your head feels like it's about to explode (plus, it was chilly and threatening to rain, so I'm glad we could stay warm inside).  Finally, I made an appointment at the nearby Walgreens to get checked out.  Sinus infection was diagnosed, and she gave me a couple of prescriptions plus told me an over-the-counter medicine to take.  After the 2 hour wait/appointment, I took the kids to Chick-fil-a to burn some energy playing on the playground and we grabbed an early dinner there, then headed home.  (Stephen is in California Monday- Thursday, and then a day trip/flight somewhere on Friday).



Snow paint!  Equal parts salt, flour, and water.  Mix together, paint on paper, and it dries to look like snow.  I did 1/2 cup of each and it was plenty for all 3 (and me!)





We are keeping the tooth fairy busy over here.  Sydney lost tooth number 6!

Tuesday: I woke up today feeling so refreshed!  Today was the day when Raegan came to play.  We took Parker to school and then went to the Mall of GA.  We ran to a couple of stores outside the mall, ate lunch at Panera Bread, then went to the mall itself.  The girls and I had fun walking around, going into stores, and they had the best time on this little inside playground.  We left, went to pick up Parker, and then the kiddos played the rest of the afternoon away outside.  The weather was gorgeous today!

Best friends.

I was trying to tease Raegan's mom, sending her pictures of things we were going to buy.  Like this, and the 3"  long feather earrings.




They got some new friends! (Just what they need...)

That evening, Kristin and her 2 kids brought pizza over so we could all eat and hang out.  The kids had fun (Savannah and Sydney are the same age, and Parker and Ryker are the same age).  The main incident was Parker breaking in the pantry to get the mini-chocolate chips, putting them in his bulldozer toy, and then dumping them out all over the carpet in his room.  Like, hundreds of little chips.  Yep, that happened.

Dinner with friends!

The finger and thumb suckers.

The rest of the night and Wednesday's adventure can be found here.  (By the way, I figured out why I was so tired.  The medicine I was taking had a stimulant in it- even though it said to take every 12 hours- and it made me have insomnia!  As I was wide awake at 3 AM one morning, I googled the medicine and it said about 10% of women have insomnia from it.  Maybe I should play the lotto.  Needless to say, I stopped taking it)

Thursday: The girls and I took Parker to school, and then we headed back to the Mall of GA to meet Grandmom and DeeDad!  We went to a few stores, ate lunch, chatted a while, and then made our way back to get Parker.  Stephen was home (yay!) so we played outside a bunch that afternoon, playing a lot of tag.



Carpool line selfie.

Made my day- my old co-workers sent me this picture.  I always initiated this game with them (you make this symbol, and if someone looks at it, you get to hit them.  Total middle school maturity level, but we would all have the best laughs with it) and I'm glad to see they haven't forgotten it. ;)

A grave?  No, Parker just stuck my fake-flowers-that-I-was-trying-to-pass-off-as-real-flowers-in-February in the ground.

Friday: I was going to take the kiddos out somewhere today, but all of us felt a little under the weather today. :(  So, we tried out a few new crafts for fun.  (see below)  We played some games and literally bummed around the house all day long.  I got a lot of stuff done, which was nice.

A fun little science experiment.  Food coloring and white vinegar in a cup, and then you add a teaspoon of baking soda to it.  You then watch it "explode" (or simply bubble over).







Salt painting.  Fun but reallllly messy.







This break was filled with a lot of spending time together and chilling.  My kind of break!

No comments: