This past weekend, I tackled the next smallest space in our house... the kids' bathroom. Now, I had re-done this bathroom a few years back- painted, updated the shower curtain and decoration accessories- so I didn't change those things. In fact, this "makeover" isn't really a big deal at all... but what I did made SUCH a difference!
The walls were painted a tan color, which is similar to what we painted the rest of the walls in our house. The colors were so similar, in fact, that when I went to do touch-up painting a few months back, I used the other wall paint by accident. I didn't realize it until it had dried and looked like blobs of slightly darker paint, everywhere. Yuck! Our old bathroom paint had dried up, so I couldn't amend it without buying more paint. The pictures I had up before had done a number to the wall, and we had to patch up some holes to make it look better.
I've been scoping out the "oops" paint at Home Depot for deals. They had a cool blue color, one gallon for a whole $9. I decided to use this paint in the bathroom, as an accent wall to cover up the horrible paint job I did earlier.
And voila! It is done. The trim and door are painted a new bright white, so it looks new again! (The baseboards were terrible... I spared you from seeing the before picture of them).
Before:
After:
Yay! Next up... the laundry room. (Hint: You might be seeing this color again. Good thing I love blue!)






No comments:
Post a Comment