Monday, April 25, 2016

Parker's Field Trip (and the zoo!)

Last week, Parker had an adventurous couple of days.  He and I visited the zoo on Wednesday, and he went on his first field trip on Thursday!

Let's start with the zoo.  Since I got the annual pass to the zoo, we decided to go back when not everyone and their brother would be there.  It was pretty quiet until the school groups started arriving!  But, even with them, it was very manageable.

We had fun!

First stop: the playground!





Now, onto the animals...



The giraffes always fascinate me.





It's amazing how confident we are in a piece of glass...




We got to see the daddy panda, but I didn't get a good shot!

Oh boy, the train!

On Thursday, Parker and his class got to walk to the nearby Brusters to get some ice cream!  The other room mom and I (along with a couple other moms) tagged along.  The teachers pushed the 12 kiddos in the big buggies, and we traded off to help them save some upper body strength.  The kids stayed in the buggies, got to pick between chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry, and got to eat their cones!  Then, it was back to school.

They're off!





Afterwards, we got to sit in their class for the last 20 minutes to watch them wrap up their day.  I don't know how his teachers manage to get all these 3-yr-olds to pay attention!  I can't get my one 3-yr-old to listen.  


We had two fun days in a row!

No comments: