Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Date night with Taylor

I got to have an overnight date night last weekend with... Taylor!!

Long story short, (and 2 opinions later), Taylor was referred for a sleep study.  Poor girl was so anxious about it.  I tried to make the opportunity into as much a fun one as I could.  I scheduled the sleep study for a Saturday night and promised her a girls' night out ahead of time!

The evening did not disappoint.  After a Saturday of the annual cleaning day at the church, plus being at the soccer fields for 5 hours straight, Taylor and I showered, dressed, and headed for North Point Mall.  The main reason?  The American Girl Doll store.  I don't know why, I have told my girls I'm never buying them one of those... but I suppose it's a fun place to take a stroll.  We got there, grabbed some dinner at the food court, and walked around the mall!  We ended up actually getting her a Build-a-Bear (s-u-c-k-e-r is written on my forehead... but hey, she was a cute date) and we had a lot of laughs along the way.  I got to check out my old high school working grounds (American Eagle) even though it so isn't even close to how it was back then.  In (...gulp...) 20 years, that mall has changed a lot- stores, store locations, population, etc!









Her new pal, Fuzzy.

Anywho, back to our date.  After the mall, we headed to the sleep study place, which wasn't too far of a drive.  We went in, and it was just us and this one guy.  That's it.  We had our own little "hotel" room, with a shower and all.  There was a centralized room with computers where they track you all night long.  Taylor and I got settled, in our PJs, and then the guy started hooking Taylor up to wires.  Poor thing was nervous at first, but that girl was a TROOPER.  After a few whimpers, she put on a brave face the rest of the time.  (The guy was really good with her, asking her questions and to keep her talking).  We were asleep around 9:30.  There was one point in the middle of the night where I see the guy in our room with his flashlight on his head fixing a wire on Taylor (he had warned us that he'd have to do that if a wire came loose).  It's SO not the best thing to wake up to, I'll tell ya!  We got up around 5:45 AM and were out the door by 6.


She chose to watch football while getting wired.  Stephen would be so proud!


It was really fun spending some quality time with Taylor.  I sometimes feel like the middle child does get the short end of the stick- either it's just the oldest doing something, just the youngest, or she automatically gets included with Sydney or with Parker.

That Taylor- she has the best and funniest personality.  I hope these pictures make you smile- I promise I was laughing behind the camera for most of them!



No comments: