Monday, October 23, 2017

Playground Makeover

I always like to have some around-the-house projects to do when the kiddos go back to school.  The first one I decided to tackle this year was... the playground!

Our playground is about 7 years old- we got it when Sydney was almost 2.  The kids go through their phases with playing on it, but ultimately I'd say it's still a hit.  I was looking at it this summer and noticed how faded it has gotten, plus the grass under and around it is gone, from where they run and stop the swings and all.  I decided to do something about it!

I bought some paint, spray paint, mulch, border, and plywood, and, 2 months later, I feel like we have a whole new playground!


Before

After! (Stephen even cut down that low-hanging pine)

Before

After!

Before

After: we nailed up some plywood to enclose the little area under the slide.  

Before (underneath the slide)

Now: I'm going to let the kids paint and decorate these inside walls.  A couple little chairs will go out here eventually.




Yay!  I love it, and even better... it's done!!

No comments: