Friday, August 20, 2010

It's the little things...

You know how we can all get caught up in our day-to-days and not think about what kind of impact we're making on others?  I have been so overwhelmed with my new job that sometimes I don't feel like I have time to breathe.  But, today was a sweet reminder as to why I decided to go into teaching.  My day started off with hugs and a new drawing for my wall.  Then, later, when I went into an inclusion class (which I'm only in for 45 minutes a day!), a parent was sitting in the class.  On a side note: today, the kids were making cookies in the shape of the US and decorating them according to the topography of the US, and many parents came in to volunteer.  Anyways, I told her hello and started to tell her my name.  She cut me off, and said, "Oh, I know all about you!  My daughter can't stop talking about you at home!  She just adores you."  I thought that was so sweet, especially this little girl who is soo quiet and, again, I'm only in there for one segment of her day.  I guess you never really know who you run into on a daily basis and what kind of impression you can leave on them!

Anyways, it was a good ending to a long, kind of stressful, week.  Poor Sydney has been feeling sick again and they are treating her for pertussis.  Apparently there is a pertussis epidemic in the US.  Luckily, Sydney has been vaccinated but they are treating her with an antibiotic used for many kinds of infections, just in case it is pertussis.  Poor thing.  I just want her to be 100% again... it seems like it's been about a month where she's been under the weather.  Stephen and I don't have any big plans this weekend (yippee!) but we will be finishing painting the nursery, doing some shopping for Sydney's big-girl furniture that is coming next week.  My sweet mom came down this week, took us to dinner, and painted the trim in the nursery.  Stephen will finish it up this weekend!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Girl, I feel you. Poor Violet has been coughing and had a runny nose for a couple weeks now. Plus, Matt and I have been taking turns feeling under the weather. Here's hoping we all bounce back soon. Kiss that (not so little anymore) baby for me!