We rang the new year in at a wedding of a dear friend and former co-worker of mine. Grandmom and D-Dad came down to stay with the girls, while Stephen and I ventured out on our first official date night since we had Taylor!
Sydney wanted to go with us... but ended up having a blast with her grandparents.
Of course, knowing my luck... Thursday evening, my eye started swelling and turning red. At the 4 AM feeding of Taylor's, I couldn't even open it. Friday morning it was horrible looking. Luckily, my eye doctor was open for a half-day on Friday, so I went in as soon as I could. Turns out I have a staph infection in my eye, and possibly strep throat again (he couldn't diagnose, but said most likely I have some infection in my throat which led to the eye being infected). Huh??? So, he put some gel stuff in my eye, gave me a z-pack, and gave me some eye drops. Thankfully, the gel stuff really helped my eye out... it was still smaller than my other eye and red for the wedding, but not as swollen. Of all the days...Anyways, we left a little early and visited good friends of ours that live in Roswell. We watched some football and had some appetizers. Then, around 8 PM, we headed to the wedding, which was in the Roswell Mill area, not too far from my old stomping grounds. Everything was gorgeous... the bride and groom (of course), the ceremony, reception, the food was delicious... it was a great time! I got to catch up with old co-workers, we danced, and rang in the new year wearing beads, hats, glasses, glow sticks... it was fun!
Good ol' friends from CMS.
Jena and J.W.!
Oh, and some VERY exciting news... I got a call from my BFF from Mexico, where her boyfriend took her on a surprise trip and... proposed!!!!! I'm so happy for her!!
When we got home, we discovered how Taylor rang in the new year...
I have a feeling 2011 is going to be a pretty great year...! Happy New Year, everybody!







No comments:
Post a Comment