Wednesday, January 5, 2011

She's Crafty!

I have totally been taking advantage this year of all the after-Christmas sales.  After seeing Stephen's cousin's beautiful home all gorgeously decorated for Christmas, it motivated me to update our Christmas decorations.  I was thinking about it, and this was our 7th Christmas of being homeowners and actually decorating for Christmas, and all of my decorations were cheap, awesomely-discounted things I picked up here and there.  For next year, I thought... out with the old, in with the new!

So, I've been hitting up a lot of stores to pick up some cute decorations... Kohl's, Michael's, Walmart, Target.  I've gotten some ribbon, mailbox bows, cute little statue-type things, stocking holders (I needed one more for this year!), cute decorative accents to go on a shelf, ornaments, etc.  Everything I've gotten has been at least 75% off, so I'm not spending a fortune. :)

Anyways, while I've been doing this shopping, I've realized how many arts and crafts activities are marked down, too!  Most of them are Christmas-related, but many I've come across could be done anytime during the year.  Sydney's getting to the age where she really enjoys doing creative activities besides just coloring on a piece of paper.  So, I've gotten all kinds of things like playdough makers, fingerpaints (washable, of course!), velvety coloring pages, picture frames you can color, and more.  Most of these I've gotten for about $.25 to $.50 each!  (Well, not the playdough maker, but that was 50% off!)  I have also stocked up on stocking stuffers for next year.

So, I thought I'd display a couple of the activities my little artist has done.  Do you see a future in her art career?

Making our gingerbread house.

The finished product.

A masterpiece!

No comments: