Friday, February 25, 2011

The circus!

The four of us went to the circus last Saturday, mainly for Sydney to have a great experience... but let's face it, Stephen and I wanted to go, too.  Who doesn't like the circus? ;)

It was definitely upgraded and updated from when I was a child!  Think Ringling Brothers, 21st Century.  They have kept up with the times!  Not so much were animals involved... well, they were, but I seem to remember there being animals out almost the whole time when I was young.  Now, there are all kinds of lighting effects and motorcycle tricks (including on a tight rope!) mixed in with the big elephants, horses, llamas and tigers (oh, my!).

Sydney was a little intimidated at first, and wanted to sit on our laps.  Taylor was trying so hard to go to sleep, but there would be some loud BANG! and she would wake up.  Sydney slowly warmed up and Taylor eventually fell asleep.  A good time was had by all!

Here are some pics from our day.

The tiger show.

How the heck?

Sydney's first hot dog!  I think she liked it. :)

Sydney kept talking about this all weekend- "elephant had doggie in basket."

Cheese!

The Greatest Show on Earth!


This was both my and Stephen's favorite part... check out this video! (There are 7 motorcycles in there!)