Thursday, February 10, 2011

What's Happening?

I feel like I haven't posted in forever (well, before tonight!).  Or maybe there's just been a lot going on lately.  Either way, I thought I'd give a brief update on our lives!

The countdown is on until I go back to work... 12 more days!  (sigh!)  I think once I'm back in the swing of things, I will be okay... but I'm really sad about being away from Taylor all day.  She will be in a really good daycare, though, and maybe I can check in on the webcam while I'm at work.

So, I've been really busy trying to ORGANIZE the house!  I'm talking, organizing really random things.  Labeling things, making donation piles, organizing drawers, closets, all my beads (when I told my mom about the beads, she said, "I really think it's time for you to go back to work now."  Maybe she's right?)

But aren't they pretty?  And I did 3 more boxes like this.  Sad, I know.

I've been finishing up photo albums, baby books, writing out Sydney's valentines for her class, and, of course, the typical household chores (including the endless loads of laundry!).  I can understand how being a stay-at-home mom is truly a full-time job in itself.

We celebrated my niece Madeline's birthday last weekend!  I can't believe she is 8 years old!  Where does the time go?  I remember she was born during my senior year at UGA.  My professor let me leave class early so I could go to the hospital (luckily, she was born in Athens!).  We hung out at their house in Gainesville for a bit before going to a Japanese steakhouse. 

Happy birthday, Madeline!

So, a couple days ago, Sydney complained about her ears hurting her. I asked her if they hurt bad enough to have to go to the doctor, and she said yes. I began quizzing her on other body parts to see if they hurt, too (just to see if she was really serious). Apparently, her knees, head, elbows, and belly hurt as well. But when she told me her eyebrows hurt, I questioned if it was worth taking her in or not. Good thing I did- the poor girl has strep throat!  (It's so nice that she can tell me when things hurt!)

Oh, and on a side note, they went ahead and did Taylor's weight check (remember she had only gained 2 ounces in 2 weeks?).  Though she had just had a 3-oz. bottle, she gained 8 ounces in a week!  So, thank goodness for that.

After the doctor, me, Sydney, and Taylor ventured to the grocery store for the first time with just the three of us, and waited out the 20 minutes for her antibiotics. Sydney had one meltdown, but we survived. So, Sydney stayed home from daycare two days in a row.

And when does all this happen? When else? When Stephen is out of town. :)  I'm becoming a champ at this now!

So, the girls and I had a fun couple of nights to ourselves:

Peanut butter and jelly picnic dinner.

Just before heading to the doctor!

Doing some crafts.

Playing with the new toys from Aunt Kendall.  This is the Dora puppet set.  She also got a Boots doll, a Dora blanket, and some books.  Sydney is in heaven.  She could play with this thing for hours!

She must be thinking, "Word."  Taylor chillin'. 

So, then today we wake up to a beautiful snowfall... only for it to be completely gone by 2:00!  Is it just me, or is anyone else ready for it to be spring time?  I'm over this snow and cold weather!

But it sure is pretty... 

We have a busy next few weekends... I'm so excited because I'll get to see my three best friends all in the same place next week!! (one lives in Atlanta, one lives in North Carolina, and one lives in California!)  From Valentine's Day parties to Bunco to a bachelorette party to a wedding shower and 2 baby showers to an engagement party... I'm exhausted thinking about it...

So is Taylor!

But, it will all be wonderful and I'm hoping these next 12 days go by really slowly. 
 
More later!

No comments: