Sunday, June 12, 2011

I heart summer

I am loooving this lazy, summer life.  Sleeping in, staying in our PJs all day long, catching up on movies I haven't seen and books I haven't read, spoiling my girls... Ok, not really.  Spoiling my girls, yes.  I've been staying up waaay too late and getting up with Taylor around 6:30 AM.  I've been hitting the gym, running errands, organizing things around the house, trying to teach Sydney some educational lessons each day.  Playing outside is a priority, as well as nap times.  I've read two books and I've seen one movie that I missed in the theater.  We've been pretty go-go-go! and this summer is already flying by!  aahhhh!

But, I'm definitely enjoying it.  A lot.  It's just so nice to be able to focus on Sydney and Taylor and not have the stress of work breathing down my neck. 

So, here's a quick recap and some pictures of the first couple of weeks of summer break:

For Memorial Day weekend, we flew to Raleigh for one of my best friend's weddings.  It was held on the campus of UNC.  All 4 of us survived the flight (though lugging 2 car seats, a stroller, and all the luggage is not easy!) and we had a wonderful weekend of friends, food, and fun, including a Greek restaurant for the rehearsal dinner, a bridesmaids' luncheon in downtown Chapel Hill, the beautiful wedding and reception, and brunch the morning after the wedding.  We got to see the campuses of UNC and Duke, which I enjoyed.  A wonderful weekend celebrating a beautiful couple!

Got to see Stacie and Mel, who came down from NYC.

Duke University.

UNC.

Erica, me, and Ashley.

Landon and Taylor... future spouses, maybe?


Gorgeous Jackie... both inside and out!


The next weekend we went up to the mountains of South Carolina to my parents' lake house.  In case you didn't read it, I had written a blog last year about the significance of this place in my life.  Anyways, we went there for the weekend, and Sydney got to hang with her Grandmom, D-Dad, Aunt Kendall, and cousins Madeline and Kerrigan.  It was Taylor's first trip, not only to the mountains, but also to South Carolina!  It was fun- relaxing and peaceful.





Taylor's first dip in any kind of outside water.


Since then, we have been hanging around good ol' GA!  Here are some pics of the girls and our happenings...

Several of our neighbors are members of a nearby country club, so they invited us along to the pool.  Here are Sydney, Allie, and Avery walking to the pool together.


Taylor's first dip in a pool!




Our "redneck" pool.  Hope I'm not offending anybody, because we love it! ;)



Fingerpainting.

Elvis wannabe?


No comments: