We got up there Saturday morning, checked into the hotel, grabbed a bite to eat at Cracker Barrel, and then headed downtown to see the Chattanooga Choo Choo. After a fun little ride on a trolley, we headed to an area with shops, a little park, a merry-go-round, ice cream parlor... need I say more?
The weather started becoming iffy mid-afternoon, with chilly winds and rain. We decided to head back to the hotel, get dinner to go, swim in the pool, and hang out until an hour that was way too late for a certain 3 year-old (and her mama!).
D-Dad and four of his girls
Madeline, Olivia, and Sydney
Merry-go-round
This was great entertainment for almost 2 hours.
Sunday morning promised to bring with it some better weather. We headed to a fun go-cart place down the road from the hotel. All the kids enjoyed that. Taylor preferred to climb on the games in the game room.
Then, we headed to Rock City! My favorite part of the trip. I hadn't been here in years, and if you haven't either, I would highly recommend it! Especially for kids... although maybe not for kids in strollers (see below for how Taylor made it around the 250 steps). We spent a couple of hours here, enjoying the beauty of the southeast.
After Rock City, we ate a great Sunday brunch and then we all headed to our prospective houses. It was a great trip!
Next time, I want to see Rock City like this.
The wobbly bridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment