Wednesday, March 6, 2013

24 hours

Lots can happen in 24 hours!  With Stephen out of town, I got the 3 kiddos in bed by 7:30 last night and I was ready to chill for a couple of hours before heading to bed by 9:30.  Good thing I went to bed a little early...

...since then:
-Taylor threw up around 12:30 AM.  The rush to get her cleaned, sheets in the washer, and in bed with me ensued.
-Taylor kicked, squirmed, and wiggled around for hours.  At one point, she was wide awake, wanting me to join her.  Parker woke up at 4:50 AM.  Basically, I got a total of about 4 hours of sleep.
-As I was heading outside to put the kids in the car to take the healthy 2 to daycare, I noticed a big mess.  Let's just say that trash/recycle pick-up day + crazily howling winds = a huge mess.  I had to run around in my work clothes (in the freezing cold!) picking up boxes, trash, etc.  We had about 10 boxes between shipments and diapers that were in various neighbors' yards.  It was a mess.
-One box was stuck in these prickly thorns that I didn't notice, and I got 4 "splinters" in one finger.  Ouch.
-THANKFULLY my mom was able to come keep Taylor, so I went into work 2 hours late.
-I got basically nothing accomplished that I needed to get accomplished at work.  I was constantly putting out fires, driving to all 3 of my schools, and going to meeting after meeting.  I have stacks of paperwork that need to be delivered to specific people in a timely fashion.  They've been sitting in my office for a good week.
-Parker ate about an hour early this morning, and I didn't pack an extra bottle from the norm.  The daycare called me at 5:30 saying that Parker was screaming and there wasn't anything for him to have.  Mom of the year, right here!
-I realized it was 3:00 and I hadn't even eaten lunch.
-My printer ran out of ink at work.

Sigh... on a good note, my mom was such a HUGE help, watching Taylor.  And, she even cooked us dinner!  (THANKS, Mom!) Plus, Stephen got an early flight home today.  I stayed at work until about 6 to try to get some more things done.   Here's hoping Taylor gets better soon and that the germs don't spread!  And... yesterday was Stephen's and my 8th anniversary!  (seriously?!)  Happy anniversary to me.

It's just funny when 24 hours can seem like 3 days.

Good thing little sweet cheeks makes every day better!  (both big sweet cheeks do, too!)

No comments: