I found this article very interesting, and I thought I would share it for all you moms out there. Being a busy mom takes organization, prioritization, and a level-head. Busy could mean working full-time, being a stay-at-home mom to a couple of kids, or doing a combination of the two. Whatever it is, you have to make it work for you.
I have my days where I want to throw in the towel, thinking that some things are just too much. Some things can push you over the edge on an already-crazy day. But... I actually love my set-up. I get the best of both worlds. I get to wake up to three beautiful faces everyday, take them to a loving place where they get to play and learn. I get to be productive, I get to interact with adults, and I get to feel like I have a purpose out there in the world while at work. Then, I get to get my kids at a reasonable hour, play with them for a few hours, and then call it a night. Plus, I get week breaks every so often and summers at home. For me, this works. I really don't think I'd be happier any other way.
Yes, it gets crazy and stressful, but I have learned the art of multitasking (which the author talks about), having down time, and prioritizing what needs to be done before other things. Being busy actually helps me be more productive, because I have less time to get things done.
And for those who know me well, feeling productive is something I strive for daily.
I like this quote from the article:
Honestly, it's not always perfect. And while my lifestyle might not work for a lot of people, it works for me. That's been the key to keeping my sanity -- prioritizing what works for my family instead of focusing on whether it would work for anyone else.
Hopefully I'll remember this on the next "throw in the towel" day. :)
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/18/living/busy-mother-lean-in-sandberg/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
No comments:
Post a Comment