Thursday, June 27, 2013

9 months!

Parker is 9 months old!!

Accomplishments this month include:

  • Let me start with... this boy is SO about to crawl.  He gets into position, he moves from sitting to the crawling position, he does 360s around on his belly and knees... he has taken two "crawls" with his knees, then stopped.  I'm awaiting with my video nearby- I think it's coming soon!
  • Scooting backwards started this month.
  • He can sit up from laying on his belly on his own.
  • Going to North Carolina for the first time.
  • He now sits up in his crib on his own!  We went ahead and lowered the crib all the way. 
  • He has started to wave, but I'm not sure if he correlates the motion with the meaning yet.
  • He completely feeds himself now, both bottle and things like puffs.  He grabs the bottle out of my hands and puts it in his mouth... apparently I am too slow.  He is also a little over the 3rd foods.  I think we need to start doing more "real" food for him.
  • He doesn't clap yet, but when I clap, he will get really close to meeting his hands together.  He usually ends up hitting my hands with his. 
  • He loves to stand.  It's hard now to put him on the floor to sit- he just wants to stand!
  • We pulled out the old bouncer toy (the kind that hangs in the doorway) and he loves it!  Sydney never took to it, and we didn't pull it out for Taylor, but P-man loves it.
  • He has started having separation anxiety!  He cries when I leave him at school, church, etc. :(  It's so sad.
  • All the 9 month clothes are packed up... he is totally in 12 month clothes!
  • First time in the backyard pool.
  • He's not really digging the sippy cup yet, so I'm going to be working on that some this month with him.












No comments: