Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer- Week 5!

Another fun summer week! 

Sunday, we went to church and then Stephen went to play golf with his friend.  I had the kiddos with me all afternoon.  We played outside, we played inside... you know, whatever it takes to keep them entertained, fed, happy, and alive. ;)



That night, I went over to my friend Meg's house to hang out, and I got home around 11:30.  Then, I talked to a friend on the phone until after 1.  Then, Stephen woke up throwing up, so I didn't go to bed until after 2.  Then, Parker woke up at 5:15... you can do the math.  I was tired on Monday!

Monday, I was planning on taking all 3 kiddos to daycare, but Parker threw up right before we left, so I kept him with me.  Apparently, there is some stomach bug going around.  Luckily, Parker was fine the rest of the day, and Stephen felt much better, too.  I took a nap when Parker napped, so I felt more rested. :)  Not a very productive day.

Tuesday was a fun day!  I took Parker to daycare today and kept the girls with me.  We did a lot of things on our "Summer Bucket List".  (Sydney is like me and wants to check things off lists!)  We started off going to Watkinsville to pick some blueberries.  It was a good time, the girls seemed to enjoy it.  Taylor did eat about every third blueberry she picked off, so she was in heaven.  I made some really yummy blueberry muffins that afternoon- check out this recipe if you're interested!




Then, we went back to Loganville and headed to the library.  We read a few books together at a table, and then the girls walked around to take it all in.


Then, we went to Chick Fil A to eat lunch and play on the playground.  We came home, and Sydney painted with watercolors while Taylor took a long nap.  We also made some 4th of July t-shirts (thanks, Pinterest!), cooked dinner, and called it a day!



Wednesday, I was exhausted.  Maybe from the previous day, I'm not sure.  Wednesday morning, we hung around the house and then went to story time at the library.  It was very fun, and we will definitely have to go again!  A lady read 3 books and did some songs and dances.

The lady looks pretty ticked off here, but she was a very jolly, energetic soul!


Our babysitter came over for 2 hours in the middle of the day, so I could work out and run a couple of errands.  I came back with a breath of fresh air and more energy.  We went to church for bible study that night, which is always a good time.

Thursday, we went to the Mayfield Dairy Creamery in Braselton with Raegan and Savannah and their moms (and Raegan's cousins, too!).  It was really fun!  The tour of the plant was interesting (though probably more so for the adults than the kids) and the tour included some ice cream at the end, which was a favorite for all.  We watched a couple of short movies, the kids got to "milk" the (fake) cow, Bella.  Oh, and we all had to wear hairnets in case you are wondering. ;)



Milking the cow.

Sydney and Bella.

Sydney and Savannah.

Sydney and Raegan.


After the creamery, we got some lunch and had a little picnic at a park, and then the kids got to play.  Our babysitter came over again for me to run some errands (Let me just tell you, it is not worth taking 3 kiddos out to run errands!).  We hung around the house the rest of the day.  Poor Taylor was so tired from barely taking a nap today.  I'm surprised that Sydney really wasn't cranky, with all that we did and no nap!




Friday, I took the girls to daycare while I kept Parker.  It was water day at daycare, and a fire truck came and sprayed the kids with water.  Sydney had so much fun!  In the morning, I took Parker to get his 9 month pictures done.  He is so on the move now that it was hard to get him to sit still!  But, I think we got a good one. :)

This is a picture of a picture- our darn scanner is broken. :(

I got so much done today.  I have had electronic tragedies lately with my iPhone and my UP band.  Luckily, both are able to be replaced, so I was dealing with getting those replaced today.  (BTW, if you are looking for an awesome gadget, check out UP by Jawbone.  Just google it.  I LOVE it, and their customer service is incredible!!!!!)   I ordered things online that I've been needing to order; did some laundry; wrapped some presents; paid some bills... you know, typical things around the house.  Stephen and I hung out that night, watching TV.  I went through the dozens of magazines I've thrown on a shelf without reading for months now.  We are so exciting- don't be jealous!


Saturday was all about me!  OK, not really... but I did get some "me" and some "girl" time in.  I went shopping this morning, then went to a friend's baby shower.  I came home to a quiet house of everyone but Sydney napping.  So I hopped on the bandwagon and took a 2 hour nap!  Stephen took Sydney to a birthday party that evening, and I hung with Taylor and Parker.  We watched Cinderella together, ate dinner, and played.  I got a ton of things done this evening that have been needing to be done... like IRON!  I may actually have a wardrobe again now!

Another fun summer week in the books... here is to week 6!


No comments: