Saturday, August 10, 2013

I survived...

the first full week of school!  I've been really tired every night this week, but things are actually going really well!  Not to jinx anything, but the kids have been pretty good; we are moving along with the curriculum; I'm building relationships and am happy to teach some really wonderful kids.  Now, I realize we are only in week one and that things can change... but let's hope it sticks like this for a while!

One both good and bad thing are the hours I have to work.  I don't have to be at work until 8:30 (hello sleeping in!) but I don't get off until 4:30.  And, for all you teachers out there, you know you never leave at 4:30.  At least, not for the first few weeks.  So, by the time I get the kids, get home, eat dinner, bathe everybody... it's pushing 8:00!  Parker usually goes down at 7:15ish.  So, we may have to look at shifting their sleeping hours back a bit.  But, it is verrrrry nice in the morning, not being so rushed (like I did when I had to report at 7:00 AM when I taught elementary!) and actually being able to get things done in the morning.

Here are some pictures of the happenings during the first week of school!


Me and Ebony on the first day of school.  We go back 9 years together at CMS.


Our 8th grade math team planning.  Our county is all about "tweeting" (a WHOLE new world to me) and we're supposed to take pictures of all that we do.  This was one tweet by my co-worker.

Using our new curriculum- what the kids have done.  I have a color for each class, and they write down vocab words they don't know.  As they learn them, we move them over to the "Words we know" side. 


Here goes week 2!

No comments: