- Sydney is a combination of sweetness, sensitivity, sass, whine, and smartness:
- If she doesn't get her way, she will whine. If we play a "race" game and she loses, she will say, "No! Whoever doesn't win, wins." Sometimes she has her mind set on something, and if it doesn't work out the way she thinks it should, she gets upset.
- On the flip side, this girl is so silly and has the best, most contagious laugh! She will sometimes get into those fits where she can't control her laughter.
- In regards to her sass, she picks out her own outfits. She always wants to wet her hair, brush it, put gel in it, and wear a headband and/or big bow that matches her outfit. Some mornings she will cry because her hair isn't "perfect". (I hate to tell her this, but with curly hair, it rarely is!)
- Sydney is so smart. She does so well on her school work. She is doing well at reading, but I can tell she's still not very confident. If I open a book and she knows the first 2-3 words, she will begin to read. If she doesn't, she'll think about the words for a few seconds and then say, "No, you read it!" She loves those Brain Quest games and logical questions. She also loves puzzles and playing games on the computer.
- She plays it off like she's a big girl, but secretly, if I put on Dora or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for Taylor, or even Sesame Street for Parker, she loves to watch those shows.
- She is all about pop music and singing all the words. (though it's hilarious, I'll turn the radio so it can just be heard in the back and I can clearly hear her belt out the words she thinks are being said!). Her favorite music is Christian, by singers like Toby Mac, Mandisa, Mercy Me, and Chris Tomlin. She also loves that "What Does the Fox Say?" song and "Royals" by Lorde.
- Sydney's very best friend is Raegan, and she is also very good friends with Savannah. They both go to our church, and Raegan goes to Sydney's school. Raegan and Sydney are going to be split up next year, so it'll be very interesting to see how she responds to that.
- Sydney says she is going to marry a boy named Conner in her class. He is the cutest, sweetest boy, so I'd be okay with that. Stephen, however, is not so thrilled that she is already talking about marriage.
- Sydney loves playing outside. That girl is a speedy runner!
- She's a very picky eater.
- She can tie her shoes and put her hair in ponytails/pigtails.
- She definitely repeats words and phrases that she hears. She uses words like "hilarious" and "awesome" that I use a lot. She says things like, "Taylor, don't do that or you will crack your head open and we'll have to go to the hospital!" which I say on a daily basis. It's funny to hear my words in a 5 year-old's voice!
- Right now, when you ask Sydney what she wants to be when she grows up, she will tell you that she wants to be a cleaning lady. :)
- 5 year old stats: 43 1/4 inches tall, 41.8 pounds. Size 5T clothes, size 10 shoe.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Sydney @ 5
I should have done this closer to her birthday, but I wanted to let you know all about Sydney at 5.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment