Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving Break!

This has been suuuuuch a nice break.  Typically, my breaks from school are me trying to get everything done that I put off for months because I don't have the time/energy to do them, with my social life coming in second.  This time, it was more like my social life came first, and my to-do list has been pathetically ignored.  I guess I keep thinking... 3 more weeks!... until the next break. :)

Anyways, the break isn't totally over, and we have some fun weekend plans to look forward to- but, I wanted to talk about my week so far!

Last Friday, some friends of mine in the neighborhood and I did a girls' craft night.  I worked on an advent calendar.  Here is how it turned out:

There's a bible verse for every day, starting December 1.
 
Saturday, Stephen took Sydney to the GT game, while I took Taylor and Parker up to my mom's church.  Every year, they have this holiday bazaar where they sell all these awesome homemade holiday items.  They also serve soup and cornbread for lunch.  My mom, dad, sister, and her girls were all there.  Lots of fun!

Sunday, we went to church and hung out most of the day. 

Parker, post-church.  I am a sucker for sweater vests on toddlers.

That night, our friends who live in the Vinings area hosted their annual pre-Thanksgiving meal.  We brought the kiddos and headed into town- it was a really great time.  There were probably about 30 adults and 25 kids! 

Monday, I took the kiddos to daycare in the morning.  I went out and completed all of my Christmas shopping (woot woot!) and then picked up the girls.  We went and got Taylor's haircut.  She was so excited about it (her hair desperately needed it!) but completely melted down when the lady pulled out the scissors.  She cried the entire time, lollipop and mommy's lap and all.  Thankfully, the end result is precious! 

one side cut, one side not.
 


Cut and died brown?  What a difference the angle of the camera makes!  PS- the right side is more like her real hair color... not sure where all that red came from!
 
 
so cute!
 
Tuesday, I did some grocery shopping, and I stopped by the Alzheimer's Center where Sydney's class went on a field trip.  Sydney was surprised/excited to see me, but became really clingy and whiney.  I think she wanted me to take her home with me. 

Can you find Sydney?  Think green!
 
I didn't take her home, though- I went and met my former boss for lunch.  It was great to see her!   I shopped a little bit more before getting the kiddos.  This day was rainy and soooooo cold, so we hunkered down inside the house the rest of the day.

Wednesday, I met my BFFs Erica and Ashley for brunch in Dunwoody!  Ashley is in town from California, so it was a fantastic reunion.  We ate brunch and then I went back to her mom's house for a bit before heading back home.  Later that day, I took Sydney with Raegan and her mom to see the 3-D movie Frozen.  It was pretty good.  Sydney hadn't seen a full-length movie since she was 2.5 (which was a disaster).  This one was better, though she started getting a little restless about halfway through.

 
Thursday, we woke up to Mr. Elf's return!  He had written a letter (thanks, Pinterest!) and had found his first hiding spot.  The girls were SO excited. 
 
 
We headed to my parents' house later that morning for our Thanksgiving meal.  The girls got to hang out in the awesome playhouse my dad built for the grandkids.  We ate a delicious meal (thanks, Mom!) and hung out for a little while.  Parker had a blast exploring a new place.  Taylor and Parker slept the entire hour drive home.  When we got home, we all hung out together and had leftovers from lunch again for dinner.  It was a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I have so unbelievably much to be thankful for!
 





Today (Friday), I decided to try to go to Kohl's this morning.  I had $20 free towards any purchase that expired at 1 PM today, so I thought it would be worth it.  Both girls begged to go with me, and I was feeling froggy.  Note  to self for next year- if they beg to come with me on Black Friday again, the answer is NO!  They were aggravating each other, and Taylor kept crying and clinging onto me.  The line at Kohl's was wrapped around the entire inside.  There definitely wasn't anything I needed that badly!  Luckily, we ran into a girl who babysat for us all the time before going to college, so I gladly gave her the $20 to use. 

We met Stephen and Parker at Walmart and did our grocery shopping for the week.  Stephen made a gourmet lunch, we all got to play together, I ironed 35 different articles of clothing (hello, wardrobe!), Stephen did some work around the house, we all ate dinner together.  Stephen is now at his old high school's playoff game (they're playing in Tucker) and the girls are in bed watching The Wizard of Oz. 

What a great week.  I feel so relaxed and rejuvenated for the upcoming work week!  I can make it 3 weeks!

No comments: