Monday, December 9, 2013

Gender Reveal Party

Before you raise your eyebrows, NO, I'm not pregnant.  ;)

I went to a neighbor's gender reveal party this past weekend.  I've seen/heard about these, especially on Pinterest, but I've never actually been to one.  To be honest, I thought the whole idea was a little silly.  Our neighbors could have found out 2 weeks ago- the gender answer has been resting in an envelope in their house all this time.  (Hello!  I totally would have peeked!)  But, I did look forward to going, regardless. 

Man, it was FUN!  We had all picked certain ribbons to wear, based on what we thought the sex was.  There was a huge assortment of food and drink.  Lots of mingling.  And, it was SO exciting when they cut off the corner of the cake, only to see the color of the interior.  We all screamed and cheered once we found out- what a rush!  My neighbors, Allison and Josh, are expecting their first child, so it was fun to share in the moment.

So, now, my opinion has changed.  I think anyone who is expecting should have one of these!!! 

The crowd waits...


What's it going to be??


...I think I see pink...

It's a girl!!!  The crowd goes (went very) wild!

so much fun. :) 
And for the record, I am batting at 100% at picking the wrong sex.  If you want to know the sex, ask me and then go for the opposite!

No comments: