Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day Weekend

To wrap up Summer, Week 2, we had a great weekend!  We all slept in a bit Saturday morning, thankfully, since Friday was such a rough night.  Stephen had to run a couple errands in the morning, and I had everything unpacked, in the washer/dryer, put up by the time he got home.  Woot!

We just chilled Saturday.  I ran to the grocery store; we planted more veggies in our garden; the girls and I planted some flowers; we all played outside.  Stephen and I watched some World Cup soccer that night.  Great day!

Oh, and it was cute... the first thing Taylor said Saturday morning was, "What are we going to do today??"  I'm glad she had gotten in a routine of doing fun and different things in Toronto!  I had to break it to her gently... "nothing!"

Sunday was Father's Day!!!!!  I got up early and made Stephen's favorite breakfast- scrambled eggs, sausage links, toast, and chocolate milk.  We showered him with presents, cards, and artwork.  Then, we all went to church!




Sunday afternoon, in typical Stephen style, he started doing yard work.  The man can't relax for anything.  I did help him, though... I figured that would be a nice thing to do on Father's Day and all. ;)  I made a new recipe for dinner that night.  It was a great Father's Day!  I'm so thankful for my dad and for Stephen!


No comments: