Here's how our week went:
Monday: Monday morning we woke up, and our babysitter came over at 8! Woot! I got to go and have some "me" time first thing... I ran, did a couple of errands, came home and took a shower, and then she left at 10. It was so nice. Then, we packed up the car and headed into Sandy Springs to meet my friends Erica and Ashley at a park. Erica brought the 2 kids she nannies for in the summer, and Ashley brought her two boys. It was great! The park was awesome, we had a picnic, and the kiddos played for about 2.5 hours, until Parker was done. Taylor and Parker were out on the way home. The rest of the afternoon, we played around the house. Sydney slept over at her friend's house, and I took Parker to his first gymnastics class. It's one of those mommy-and-me classes, and he loved it. Though I'm afraid Parker may be that ADHD child in school, because he just wanted to run around and play with any ball he could find. ;) We didn't get home until after P's bedtime, so we bathed him quickly, put him down, and then Stephen and I watched the USA World Cup game on the DVR. USA! USA!
Before gymnastics.
Tuesday: I had to get up extra early this morning, because I had to go into work! I had 5 retention meetings I had to attend. I took Taylor over to play at the house where Sydney was, and I took Parker with me. My AP's teenage daughter watched him for me. Luckily, that only took about 2 hours, and I was out. The girls had a blast at Raegan's house- they did a scavenger hunt, they did the slip n' slide, and jumped on the trampoline. Raegan's mom even bathed them and washed their clothes! So sweet! We played for the rest of the day- it was thunderstorming this afternoon, so luckily playdough entertained them for about 2 hours. Stephen was out of town this night, so it was just me and the kiddos. We made homemade pizza for dinner. The kids were so silly tonight before bed.
We're starting "home school". (not really, just a little learning time each day. They call it home school and call me Mrs. Brooke)
Wednesday: Today was a busy, busy day! The babysitter came over at 8, and I was rolling out of bed (a bed that two munchkins had invaded during the night) at 7:45. I went and ran at the park, then went to the grocery store, then headed home. I then took the kids to the library for story time. It's cute- this very animated lady reads books, plays games, sings songs. Sydney might be borderline too old for it, but she still seemed to get into it. Then, we came home, ate lunch, and the kids napped. (I'm insisting on nap/rest time for the kids. It's a good separation for them from each other and a good time for me to get stuff done around the house.) After naps, we went to a nearby park for about an hour. Then, we came home, showered, and then went to Wednesday night church dinner/bible study. Stephen and I were both leading groups today. We got home about 8:15 and got the kiddos to bed!
We had the place to ourselves!
Thursday: The babysitter came again this morning at 8 AM, and I had the kiddos up, dressed, and fed by then. (no sleeping in today!) I ran at the park and went to Publix. I came home and the kids and I went outside and played. But MAN, it was hot! It was 10:00 something and Parker was sweating like crazy. We ate lunch, did naps/rest hour (Taylor totally didn't nap today), and then we headed to gymnastics again. I got this cheap Groupon for gymnastics and it said it's 24 miles away. I thought- okay, maybe 35-40 minutes. It is ONE HOUR each way. Kind of a pain, but I'm getting 5 classes for the price of (basically) one, so I won't complain. Much. Anywho, we drove the hour and the girls went to their back-to-back classes. They enjoyed it, but Parker was hard to entertain for 2 hours. We headed home and went straight to our neighbors' house, who had invited us over for dinner. We had fun, and stayed until after 9. Napless Taylor hung in there really well. We came home and the kids went straight to bed!
Friday: The babysitter came over this morning, and I went shopping for a certain sibling of mine who is turning some milestone age next week. Then, Stephen blew up the play pool in the backyard and the kids played! They were so excited. Parker would point at it and say "pool!!!" That evening, we met some friends from church who took some family photos of us. Then, we grabbed dinner out and headed to a concert in downtown Loganville. It was really fun and perfect weather for it!
Saturday: Saturday mid-morning, I went into Atlanta to meet my friend Ashley for an early lunch. We were determined to get together sans kids, because, as those of you with more than one kid know, it is virtually impossible to focus on a conversation with an adult while the kids are playing. It was a success! We checked the time and little did we know we'd been sitting there for 4 hours. I then headed home and we went to a pool party that evening. A great day, and the kids had so much fun.
Chillin' at the pool.
Sunday: I woke up to run this morning, and then we headed to church. Today, we welcomed our new minister! I am such a fan so far. That evening, our friends came over for dinner and to watch the USA World Cup game. The kids got to play, eat cupcakes, and have a paper airplane contest. We've been so off schedule with sleeping that the kids are going to bed much later, and sleeping in later, too. I won't complain about that!
Here's to week 4!
No comments:
Post a Comment